Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni; and the Garden of Eden

Michelangelo, for short, was the well known painter who actually didn't put much stock in the median of painting.  Which is really astounding considering the works he generated, most notably in the  Sistine Chapel in Rome.  While Bro. Mich was completing his work on a piece known to some as the Garden of Eden, something started to bug him.  He couldn't quite put his finger on it but, he knew there was something wrong.  He spent many ours scouring over the painting, fighting his aversion to the medium, to search for something out of place.  He reviewed with great detail each of the persons, as the problem with them, but which one(s), and why? 

The overall picture was, as the title stated, of the Garden of Eden.  In the Garden were six or eight people all appearing to be of young adulthood.  Two of those people were, of course, Adam and Eve.  The others were, supposedly, children they had prior to there expelling from the Garden.  Since the two "parents" lived to be 900+ years, you would expect that, at some time, all residence would be adult and appear to be of about the same age.  So, in the painting, they did.  But, there had to be something else.

Frustrated and stressed by his dilemma, Michelangelo ended up in the local tavern to calm the spirits with spirits, as it were.  While in a mumbling stupor, he discussed with himself and was finally sobered with great revelation!  He came to his senses, ran all the way, as upright as possible, to the chapel.  He stared at the painting with a eureka glare!

He quickly mixed a little paint, approached the painting and dabbed a couple of spots paint on, and proclaimed his commision complete!  He was a happy man, again!

And now the question for you: WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE PAINTING, WHAT DID HE DO TO FIX IT?  And here's your clue; the question that hounded him so much, supposedly came from a little girl child, "Which one's are Adam and Eve?"

I'm sure some of you know the answer, but those who don't, have fun with it before you read the comments from the bean spillers.  I'll post the answer, in a while.