Beach, Babes & Balls (Part 1)

In which Naomi refuses to go to the beach.

Naomi crossed her arms over her chest stubbornly and turned away from Jordan.

"No."

"Naomi, come one! It'll be fun!"

"No."

"Naomi please-"

"No."

"Naomi-"

"No." She glanced sideways at his face. "Jordan, those puppy dog eyes may work on your fangirls, but they won't work on me."

He threw his hands up in frustration before slumping in his seat next to her. "I give up," he groaned. "We're never going to the beach at this rate!"

"I already told you guys to just go without me," Naomi said.

"Yeah, but it wouldn't be as much fun with just those two." Jordan motioned to Bennett and Declan who sat across from them. They shot him a glare.

At the moment, the Musketeers were at the base. They were planning what they were going to do for summer vacation since the school year had ended. They were lazily hanging around the base. Jordan had been trying to convince Naomi to go to the beach with them.

Looking at Naomi curiously, Bennett asked, "Why do you hate the beach so much?"

"It's not that I hate the beach," she answered. "It's just that it's usually full of students from our school, and I'd rather not get made fun of if I don't have to."

Declan spoke, "Yeah, but this time you have us. They wouldn't dare look at you with us around, and we could go surfing!"

Naomi frowned. "That sounds fun and all, but I don't know..."

"If you go, you could witness Bennett do some cool moves," Jordan suggested.

Bennett glared at him. "Wait, Jordan, I-"

"Bennett," Jordan interrupted, shaking a finger at him and sounding like a scolding parent. "You wouldn't want to disappoint Naomi now, would you?"

He was about to retort when he got a glance of Naomi's disappointed expression. He sighed, "No. Fine, I'll do it."

"Really?" She brightened up, beaming hopefully at Bennett. She didn't want to miss the chance to watch him, so she could tease him and make him blush to oblivion.

"Then it's settled," Declan said, clasping his hands together as he stood up. "We'll go tomorrow. Make sure to bring your surf boards."

"Yeah!" Jordan cheered. He winked at Naomi. "Don't forget to bring proper attire, Naomi!"

"You know, that's not what I had in mind," Jordan said, looking at Naomi.

They were at the beach, standing not far from the shore. Women and girls passing by gawked at the boys shamelessly. They murmured amongst themselves and squealed as some took pictures. However, the 3 Musketeers paid no attention to them. They would have to been setting up their spot if Naomi hadn't shown up in only casual clothes.

She looked down at her outfit consisting of of a plain t-shirt and cargo shorts. "But you said to wear 'proper attire'."

"That's not what I meant, and you know it. You're at the beach, Naomi." Jordan spread out his arms to motion at the sandy landscape around them. He flashed her a smile as he puts his hands on his hips confidently. "You shouldn't be wearing casual clothes. You should be wearing a swimsuit like the rest of us!"