Chapter 15 -- Inter School Tournament

Only a day before the basketball tournament and everyone were excited for the event. I on the other hand was exhausted for the reason of the Anonymous Writer. The news about the picture circulated throughout the school. Well for some unknown reason many of the students started to take pictures with me. I felt like I was a celebrity- followed by what’s like paparazzi.  I’m quite overwhelmed about this sudden changed of treatment. Actually it’s not sudden; it’s more of the expected.

                      After a couple of picture taking, I felt exhausted. I didn’t know being a celebrity would be tiring. Then I spotted an opportunity to escape away from the students. As I went on hiding I bumped into someone I didn’t see for almost a week- Chris.

                      “Long time no see,” I said with tune of sarcasm.

                      Even though I thought that he would reply back with sarcasm too, he did not. He was rather silent and he had the worried look on his face.

                       “Why are you looking at me like that?” I felt embarrassed.

                      “I just thought you would be depressed,” he said with seriousness but then again his expression then changed- he smirked.

                      “I’m not the type of person that would be depressed by such issues,” I said back.

                      “Good then,” he smiled.

                      It wasn’t the kind of smile that would irritate me but it was a smile that seems to be of relieved- was he that worried about me?  I wondered.

                      “Aren’t you going for a last minute practice?” I asked. After all he was holding a big bag that would seems to have all he needed for the practice.

                      “That’s funny, last minute. Yes, it would be a last minute practice,” he said. I didn’t get the point why last minute was funny. “You better do best on cheering for me,” he ordered.

                      “For YOU?!” I said with surprise. “Hey, don’t forget about your other teammates,” I said with matching smile. 

                      “Cute,” he stated out of the blue.

                      I was startled and reacted late. “What?!” I asked surprised.  

                      “You, smiling,” he answered as he looked at me straight to my eyes.

                      I realized I was smiling at him without any sarcasm or hate. It was a genuine smile. To my embarrassment I automatically said goodbye and walked away. I left totally red.

                      Finally the day had come and everyone was cheering for their own teams. It was the Seventh Annual Inter School tournament, so basically it was school against school. There were six schools to compete and that included Wilhelm High- who was the host for the tournament. It was a double-elimination tournament and good to know if we win the first game then Wilhelm High will automatically complete for championship.

This was the first round match list.

1-Wilhelm High VS East High School