13) Trash Digging

--CHRYSALIS' POV--

When I got to work the next day, Felicity was still out like a light on her desk. Her hair was slightly disheveled. Even for her, that was a little bit odd. I had never seen her hair even the slightest out of place, so this was definitely strange for her. I gasped upon seeing her and shook her awake gently. "Felicity? You awake?" I asked, even though we both already knew the answer. Well, I knew the answer. Felicity wasn't conscious to tell me what her answer to the question was. 

Felicity didn't wake up, even after I tried to shake her for five minutes or there about. I sighed and shook my head. I knew that waking up somebody like Felicity was hopeless. She was obviously a heavy sleeper, and I knew that heavy sleepers never woke up, no matter what I did. 

I noticed that she was in the process of writing something. Her right hand was wrapped tightly around the grip of a black pen. I looked to the paper next. I couldn't read it all that well, but there were multiple hearts around the margins, which made it look like a Valentine's Day card that an elementary school child had made. However, to me, it looked to be sort of like a love letter. That would explain the hearts. I couldn't read the messed up handwriting, which I bet had been forged by a sleepy Felicity. Her handwriting was bad enough when she was conscious fully, so her writing something when she was half asleep meant that it would be virtually impossible to read. 

I next noticed that the trashcan was more... Full than it had been yesterday. The day before, I had set up the trash can with a new trash bag and such. I had been sure that I cleaned it out, which meant that all of this trash must have gotten there overnight. I took a seat on the floor and dumped out the trash onto the floor, which created a large mess in the shape of a heap. I looked through it and began to count how many papers were in it. 

After about half an hour, I got a grand total of 127. I had to restart a few times since I wasn't all that good when it came to counting large numbers of things like this, and it was made even harder when everything looked the same. At the very least, I managed to get through it after a while. 

I gasped and realized that they were all love notes to Lucas. I gathered all of the pages back into the trashcan and grabbed yet another one from the desk. I pulled it out from underneath Felicity's head with a little bit of struggling and began to read it to myself. I couldn't read the handwriting no matter how hard I tried, so I grabbed a blank page and a pen and began to write a note myself:

Felicity wrote these to you. She really likes you. Make a move on her later, okay?

~Chrysalis

I taped my note to the side of the trashcan with a broad smile. At this point, I was happy to have the addresses of everybody in the agency. I could send this to Lucas, or run it to his apartment, so that he could read the notes inside. 

I ran to Lucas' apartment, grinning all the way. I knocked as loud as I could once I was there. If he was asleep, I figured that he wouldn't be able to stay awake after hearing all of this noise. Nobody's able to resist that. Not even Cotoli can sleep through my loud pounding sounds. Felicity's the only one who can survive my yelling to try and awaken her, but Felicity's a bit of a special case. She's Felicity, after all. 

After a few minutes of waiting, the door opened with a creak. Lucas stood there, his expression tired. He was wearing a pink robe, which I chose not to comment on. We'd get very off topic if I went there. "What are you doing here, Chrysalis...?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Well, I went over to United, and you'll never guess what I found!" I exclaimed in excitement.

"What did you find?" Lucas questioned. He didn't seem all that into the conversation, but that would come to an end soon. I just knew it would. 

"I found out that Felicity wrote 127 love notes, technically 128, but that last one isn't readable, to you trying to say to you that she wants to go out with you!" I told him. "They're all in here!"

Lucas gasped as I forked over the trashcan. He gave me a nod of thanks before sinking into his apartment, most likely to search through the endless pile of letters. I shut the door for him so that no robbers broke in to mess up his romantic moments. 

I skipped back to the agency, buying a trashcan from Target on the way. I put the trashcan exactly where the old one had been, but instead of doing a normal thing with it, I drew a symbol on the side in dry erase marker. I knew that Sharpie wouldn't stay on the surface of the plastic, so dry erase marker was the best I could do. It was just a little something to tell Felicity that I took her love notes and gave them to her future boyfriend by carrying them via agency trashcan and so I had to buy her a new trashcan to replace the old one that Lucas would probably keep for reminiscence sake. I just knew that she'd get that. Like I said earlier, this is Felicity we're talking about. 

I began jotting down my symbol with a light giggle, hoping that it would successfully pass across the message I wanted it to:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That tells you exactly what I did, doesn't it?!

--------------------------------

Instead of an FB spam, I'm giving you a spam of this book as a 200 follower gift

I'm so happy this book is over it took way longer than it should have

-Digital