Chapter one: Days before

Anne walked around the old building while her friend Kylie looked through the windows.

"Do you think we should go in?" Kylie asked leaning closer to the window in hopes of seeing the inside. Anne looked back at her over enthusiastic friend,"I would say no."

Kylie let out a small huff and gave Anne her best pout. "Pwease?" Anne looked back at Kylie, she did her best to avoid her pitiful face. Kylie carefully walked closer, sticking her lip out farther.

"Fine." Anne said in a gruff tone. Kylie jumped happily, letting her blonde curls bounce as she did. Anne couldn't help but smile at her friend. Kye returned the smile the quickly pulled Anne toward the door.

Anne pulled out the key that she found in her attic earlier that day. She held the old rusted metal in her hand. She looked at the door that was showing its age, the white paint coming off.

"What the hell? Just open it already." Her friend said quickly becoming impatient. Anne glared at Kylie while she put the key in and turned it. There was a small click, and she put the key back in her pocket.

She grabbed the rusted knob and turned it quickly. "It's locked..." Anne says trying the door again. "Did you lock it?" Kylie asked, tapping her foot steadily on the ground. Anne took out the key and turned it again. After a small click the door opened.

Kylie quickly rushed in and Anne followed after. They looked around the empty room till a spraying sound filled the room. Kylie looked over at Anne with confusion plastered on her face. She thought for a moment before shrugging in return. Anne listened to the sound, it almost sounded like the spraying of an aerosol container. 

Kylie's eyes grew wide as she realized what it was, spray paint. Anne gave her a questioned look. Kye's look became a serious one as she gabbed the mop the was leaning beside the door. Kylie pointed to the masked figure spray painting the wall just outside of Anne's view. She counted down with her fingers to give the signal.

3.... Anne waved her hands to try and stop her friend from doing something stupid......2 She began moving her lips to try and tell Kylie to stop.....1

Kylie ran with the broom in her hand, screaming like a banshee on fire. The spraying sound stopped as she ran toward the person spray painting the wall. Anne ran after her friend, getting a good few at the vandalist in the process.

There before them was a black haired boy with a skeleton mask over his mouth.  His eyes were wide as he looked at Kylie and her broom. He had nice bulk and was only about a foot taller than Anne.

He dropped the paint can and put his hands up in almost surrender. His eyes shift over to Anna and they lock eyes. He stares right at her, his eyes crinkling as he smiles behind his mask.

~thwack!~ Kylie swung the broom hitting him sharp in the head. He wobbles a bit regaining his balance and holding his head. "What the hell Kylie?!" He asked. His low voice getting lower as his anger continues.

"Holy crap how do you know me?" Kylie yelled swinging the broom around again. He caught it and pulled his mask down. His sharp jaw clenched in pain.

"Jerah?!" Kylie says still holding the broom. He nodded the looked over at Anne, who was admiring his whole face. He smirked at her causing her to look away.

"What the hickity heck Jerah, why are freakin spray painting Gray's frickin old building?!" Kylie asked trying to tug the broom from him.
He quickly pulled it out of her hand and used it to support himself.

"Sorry Anne, I didn't know this was yours," He said rubbing the back of his neck. Anne regained her composure and stood up straight. "You'll be cleaning this." Anne said avoiding his eyes.

"Right...." He said with a small sigh. "And you'll be helping!" Kylie said smiling brightly. "Why should I?" Anne said in retaliation. "Because," she said holding a finger up," This is now your responsibility, so have fun with that." She said giving a small wave.

Anne ran up grabbing Kylie's hand, "Did you think that you were just going to go with out helping?!" Kylie's smile faded as Anne pulled her back to the problem.

Jerah watched the two girls argue, a smile pulling at his face. Anne finally pulled Kylie over to them. Kylie sat down on the floor with her arms crossed. Anne glared at her friend then pulled the mop making Jerah fall a bit. "Let's get started!" Anna said happily.