Yagami!

I looked up the meaning of Light's name in kanji and remembered back when I was still new to this fandom and this happened.

Also, here I'm using Light's 'real' name, Yagami Raito. You'll see why.

Characters will be a bit OOC.

-Lucifer.

thisisaborder

Raito was uncomfortable.

Very uncomfortable.

Extremely uncomfortable.

And by that it meant somebody had fucked up badly or he was the one who fucked up, because Yagami Raito never got uncomfortable.

And he lived with L.

Speaking of the devil incarnate himself-

"Ryuzaki, why are you doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"You've been staring at me for the past hour."

"Is it so wrong of me to observe?"

No, but sitting there like a statue doing nothing else other than looking is, he almost replied.

Almost.

Knowing the detective's pride and ego will most likely make the conversation last longer than it should, the teen casually looked over what was displayed in front of the sugarholic.

To his surprise, the sweets were completely untouched, and though the coffee was cold and scentless, Raito thought...

The brunette leaned over and grabbed the cup handle, taking a sip.

(He should have known there was something wrong the moment L's drink was taken from him and no protest was given.)

"Ryuzaki," he gasped, "This coffee is bitter."

...which was equivalent to L complaining that something was too sweet.

(His suspicions were confirmed.)

"That's because it's short black."

"...Are you-"

"I'm very healthy at the moment and am not feeling ill in the slightest."

"Then it's-"

"Nor have I been replaced by a doppelgänger or an alien of any kind. Really, Raito-kun, I'm disappointed you'd think to such measures."

His eye twitched. "Fine. Then I guess I'll just stop worrying about your well-being from now on. Sorry for caring."

He stuck out his tongue for good measure and twirled his chair around, continuing to pout, all previous thoughts emptied from his mind.

Only to realize the pitiful amount of maturity he showed at that moment.

Raito proceeded to inwardly scold himself and blame the man next to him for every trouble experienced in his life ever since stepping into the HQ.