Chapter 41

Edeline

''Edeline, I'm gonna go to my grandma's. The neighbors said she's sick. I need to go see her'' Sam said packing his bag, ''Sick again? Oh gosh. I hope she's okay'' I said, ''How long is it to get there. I can come along'' I continued, ''oh no, stay here. You have things to take care of. And take care of the bookstore while I'm gone'' he said, ''How long does it take to get there?'' I asked, ''2 hours'' he said, ''okay, drive safely. Here's coffee and sandwiches for the road'' I handed him the food, ''Thank you'' he said hugging me and left.

I hope his grandma gets well, nothing worse than losing a family member.

I have to admit, I felt lonely the soon Sam shut the door behind him.

The whole day was boring, there was nothing to do. I had to keep myself busy with decorating the bookstore and trying to smile at customers.

I kept reading The Journal and found nothing but memories with mom and her girl friends. She wrote how she still contacted Derek after she had me and how good she felt then.

She wrote something about dad treating her badly. He stopped her from going out with her friends because he doubted she was seeing someone.

She wasn't seeing anyone, not even Derek. She knew he would doubt her so she wrote to Derek instead of calling or meeting.

She loved Derek so much she couldn't stop talking to him. I understand how she feels, she didn't wanna marry dad in the first place so of course she will still fight for Derek.

I decided to clean my mom's house to waste time.

Mr. Smith came as usual and sat in front of the lake.

I ordered dinner and ate with him, he's the other person who feels lonely like me. Some company won't hurt.

I left him sitting on the chair and went back home.

The minute I threw myself on the couch the door knocked.

So many thoughts came into my mind.

Is it Tristan? Is it Sam? Is he back from his grandma's visit?

I opened the door and it was...

Hill...

_____________________________

Thanks for reading ❤️
- Nina