Heaven's Arena

I once more had to work my way up to the 200th floor. The whole time I had to room with a guy named Mar. Once again my horns were written off as costume and I didn't mind all that much. My priorities goes as follows; Nen training, Money, Protector. Anything else can pretty much kiss my ass.

"You still looking for that Nen trainer?" Mar said popping his head into my room. Even though we both have our own rooms on the 200th floor he still came to my room every now and then.

"Yes, got some news for me?" I questioned whipping my hands off on a hand towel. Now that I was on my own I decided that I was going to do things I wanted to. Right now I was going on a cooking spree. I have known how to cook being with my dad but I wanted to broaden my horizons!

"No, just wondering if your still looking.....nah! There is this old lady down in the lower floors. Word is she's a Nen expert." Mar said coming behind me.

"That's really helpful Mar, which floor and what does she look like?" I said swatting his hand with a wooden spoon when he tried getting a spoonful of my soup.

"Wears a white shawl, blue dress and has her grey hair in a bun. On the fiftyth floor." He said rubbing his hand with a wide grin.

"Thank you Mar, your welcome to eat dinner with me." I told him turning off the stove.

"Well if you offered." He said sitting down at the round table. I shook my head and began serving us our food. After dinner I went down to the fiftyth floor and hunted down the woman Mar had described to me. It wasn't that hard to do, found her in about an hour.

"Ma'am?" I approached her sitting down watching a fight.

"Why hello deary." She smiled kindly at me.

"Hello, do you mind if I sit here?" I asked.

"No, go right on ahead." She said turning her gaze back to the fight. I sat down and watched it with her for a while. I turned to get down to business but she beat me to it. "So what is it that your wanting from me?" She asked dropping the sweet old lady voice.

"I need your help. I've been pretty much self training myself to use Nen but I can only go so far. I would really appreciate if you could help me out. I can pay you or make other arrangements if you would like." I said.

"I was actually searching for a potential pupil down in the lower floors but I guess one from the higher floors wouldn't be such a bad thing." She mused to herself standing up. "Whelp, let's go then. I don't suppose you would mind allowing me to stay in your room would you?" She asked.

"No not at all! Here, follow me....ahhh do you have any luggage?" I paused giving her a look over.

"No, what you see is what you get." She said. I then took in the tattered clothes and knew I was with a kindred soul. I smiled and lead her up to my room.

"Here we are! Feel free to take a shower, sleep on the bed, read a book or anything else you please. I also have left overs in the fridge if your hungry." I offered opening the door for her.

"Why thank you, I think I'll take you up on that shower." She said heading straight for the bathroom. I went to the fridge and looked at the left overs trying to judge what she would like. I ended up going withthe pork stew and corn bread. I heated up everything and set it on the table along with some choice condiments. Unfortunately I didn't have any tea so I just made a note to get some and poored her a glass of water.

"Ahhh, that feels nice." She said coming out of the shower with her hair down. She drapped her shaw on the couch and walked to the table and sat down. "Thank you very much young lady. My name is Selena by the way."

"Names Liz by the way and it's no skin off my nose. Your really doing me the huge favor by doing this. I need to finish what I started, it's driving me crazy!" I admitted with a awkward chuckle.

"I see, when is your next fight?" She asked putting honey on her corn bread.

"This Tuesday." I said.

"Good, good. Then let's make sure that your next fight is one that will leave the crowd speechless." She smirked giving me a cocky look.

"You have a lot of confidence in your teachings." I said raising an eyebrow at her.

"Yes but I know potential when I see it and missy you've got it. We'll start your training tomorrow morning, eight o'clock sharp." She said.

"Fine by me. I can't wait!" I said giddiness making me hop from foot to foot. Selena watched me with amusement while eating her meal. I made sure that all ten vectors where touching me at all times. I didn't want to accidentally touch her with them since she still didn't know about them and wouldn't.