Horizon Finds Arctic

Horizon was a young wolf just like any other, He hunted, played and was long seeking a mate but the only difference was Horizon was a lone wolf which meant he had no pack and no family. As a pup his pack abandoned him because he was the weakest out of the litter but as Horizon grew up he got bigger and stronger. He often ate as much meat at once as he possibly could since he was often on the move and didn't really have time to stop for any food and he certainly didn't have time to be hunting down any prey. Horizon's favourite food was elk he always loved running through the valleys chasing all the elk, He loved it even more if he could get a few for dinner! That's if he had any time of course as I said before Horizon was in search of a mate but he wants to take a break from all that so he decided to travel back to where his old pack used to live (Predator Rocks) because he wanted to find an old friend of his, Her name was Arctic she was one of the strongest females around, her fur was as white as snow and her teeth as sharp as razors. Horizon set off on his journey to  Predator Rocks at dawn so he had the full day to travel, Horizon traveled through valleys, rivers, woods and mountains just to get there.

*12 hours later Horizon arrived at Predator Rock.*

Horizon was dehydrated as he had not had any water for a few days now. So he decided to have a look around for a watering hole. After 1 hour of searching he finally found one, First he approached slowly and looked through some bushes to see if there was anyone there. He saw another wolf at the other side of the watering hole... IT WAS ARCTIC! Horizon couldn't believe his eyes! He thought to himself  "Wow! she's even more beautiful than before!" Horizon approached the watering hole. Arctic saw Horizon and she couldn't believe her eyes, They looked at each other for a moment.. Then ran to each other wagging there long bushy tails. Arctic licked Horizon on the cheek as she was so happy to see him! Arctic said "Horizon!? Oh my gosh! No one has see you for so long.. Where have you been?" Horizon replied " Yeah I know, I have been in the woods down in Moonlight valley, there's loads of huge caves there and plenty of tall mountains to howl on." Arctic sighs "Well at least you had a good time.."
Horizon replies worriedly "What's wrong? Why are you so upset?" Arctic replies with tears in her eyes "I have just really missed you.. I thought you would come back for me.." Horizon says with a sigh "I'm sorry.. But I'm back now why don't we go for a run then later we can got to Howler Mountain so we can go for a long howl together?" Arctic says with a smile "That sounds amazing!"

*The two young wolves went for a long run across the valleys whilst talking about their old memories!*

*Horizon and Arctic talked for hours and hours.*

After a long and perfect day for the two wolves they both ran up to Howler Mountain and howled together. After they had finished howling they looked into each others eyes and they both knew that they was in love.

Who would have thought that Horizon's mate would have been his best friend from when he was a pup!?

The two adult wolves have now been together for 2 whole years! If you want to find out what happened next please comment for part 2! And please remember this is my first story so it isn't brilliant but I promise they will keep getting better and better!

-Rebecca Potter