Prologue

Hello! This prologue is kind of short, but it's it Louis' pov (the story will mostly be in Harry's) so it's just a taste, per se, of what it's going to be about... anyways... Enjoy! Leave comments and vote! :)

________________________

Louis stood over the bed, and looked at the pale boy sleeping, light snores echoing in the room. Harry was sleeping on his stomach, his arms thrown above his head, and his leg dangling dangerously off the edge of the bed. The boy was pale, and his face was buried in his pillow, almost comical, but Louis knew why he was here, and suddenly, it wasn't so funny. 

Louis was sent to watch over the boy. 

Louis looked around at the large room, dozens of beds lining the walls. Each of the kids were sound asleep, their heavy breathing and light snores surrounded him. It was a comforting sound; knowing that all of these beautiful children were safe. 

He wasn't too worried about the other kids seeing him, because no one could see nor hear guardian angels. Well, their humans could hear and see them, but that was only if they were in emotional or physical distress. They could however, see each other, and thankfully, there was an angel he actually liked in the room, watching over a human of their own. 

"You were assigned, too?" Louis asked as Niall appeared in the room. His skin had a dull glow, but every angel's skin did that. It was just more pronounced at night. 

The angel smiled, "Yeah, just yesterday to a lad who's gotten himself in quite a pickle. Got into drugs when he turned 18 last year, and he's just been doing worse." He smiled sadly, and then frowned. He quickly recovered with a cough, giving Louis a fake smile, but Louis noticed. Angels never have to cough. 

"Who prayed for him?" Louis asked curiously, but of course, it wasn't his human, so he had no obligations to know.

"A flat neighbor." Niall shrugged. "Noticed his weird habbits, and how a bunch of burly twats would invade his house practically every night."

Louis nodded. That's usually how they end up with a human; a friendly stranger. 

"What about you? Who prayed for him?" He nodded his chin to the sleeping boy with the nest of curly brown hair, who let out a dreamy sigh. 

"The receptionist. Knew he was leaving here tomorrow with nothing... She must have had a soft spot for the boy." He said, taking a side glance at the boy.  The covers were falling off his body, and his pale back was in its full glory, slowly rising and falling as he slept. Louis could see how she was fond of him.

Niall just nodded, seemingly uninterested. Angels get assigned humans so often, it was almost habitual to protect them. 

"Well, I better get back." Niall said, looking around at the kids sleeping. "My human is sleeping, but he might be wake up from those men coming to take his drugs or money or both or something." He shrugged. Louis breifly remembered that Niall was usually assigned the drug cases. 

"See you around." Louis mumbled, looking away from the blonde angel and at the boy. Louis didn't have to turn around to know that Niall had disappeared to wherever the hell his human was. Not too far from the foster home that they are now, probably. It wasn't in a good area, which made Louis' stomach turn uncomfortably. There were dozens of other kids around him that didn't have something protecting them. They could be deeply struggling, and yet, they are alone.

Louis shook the negative thoughts from his mind. He had one job to do, and one human to protect. He placed his palm softly onto the pale skin of the boy's back. He was warm and it seemed to travel through Louis' body happily. 

The boy couldn't feel Louis physically, but he sighed in content, and his lips curved to a hint of a smile. Louis couldn't help but ooze fondness for the boy already.

I'll protect you. My human... My Harry. 

_______________________

sorry it's so short! I'll make the chapters much longer and fuller (it's kind of lacking on the whole plot thing but i guess its just the prologue so....)

(im on twitter @darthniall and tumblr at darthniall.tumblr.com :) )