Chapter Nine: Adair's hidden gift

Merlin’s POV

“It sounds just like Morgana. Ten years and it seems she is still up to her old tricks,” said Gaius.

“Even worse in some cases,” I said to him as I lifted up my top to show him the scar I had got from Morgana.

Gaius took a closer look at it. “Morgana did this to you?” he asked.

“Indeed she did, Gaius. I barely got away, she had me at the time I was weak. There was nothing I could do to prevent it happening at the time.”

“How much you have grown my boy. So much I have missed,” he said to me.

“I have always hoped you would be proud of me,” I smiled to him.

“I have always been proud of you, Merlin and still now. How much you have done and achieved,” said Gaius.

“Yeah after everything I still find myself led back here, to Camelot. Maybe I am not meant to live away from here. Maybe I am meant to be beside Arthur even now,” I said to Gaius.

“Merlin you must do what you think is right not what others think or want you to do, even if that person happens to be your best friend.”

“Arthur mean’s more than most people but what of the land I have built and need to continue to look after. What of my family waiting for me. I can’t keep Adair away from his family too long. I hate this but at the same time I wanted to come back for years and be with Arthur again,” I said sadly.

“How is he?” asked Gaius.

“He’ll be fine, Emily is with him. Is it bad to want to protect Adair even from girls?” I asked.

“Of course it is. It would have been the same thing with me but it happened after I died before you even found the lucky woman with you,” smiled Gaius.

“More like I am lucky, who would want to date someone like me?”

“More people than you can ever know,” said Arthur as he entered into the room.

“Is something wrong?” I asked him.

“I believe you promised me you would be joining me at the council meeting,” grinned Arthur.

“Oh yeah I did, Gaius will you be alright here?” I asked him.

“Gaius can come along if he likes. Not much has changed in ten years, trust me Gaius,” laughed Arthur before Gaius and I joined him.

Adair’s POV

I opened my eyes slowly to find Emily sitting beside the bed I lay in with her hand within mine. “Adair, how are you feeling?” she asked me.

“I feel alright, what happened?” I asked her.

“Gaius, he attacked you and then Merlin but he was under some kind of spell,” said Emily.

“Gaius, but that’s impossible. Gaius is dead from what I heard,” I said confused.

“Morgana brought Gaius back to life and used him to attack Merlin but don’t worry the great dragon broke the enchantment and he is back to his old self. Merlin seems very happy since Gaius has been back and he is healing well,” smiled Emily.

“The great dragon was here, wait.....healing well?” I asked.

“Gaius attacked your father quite badly but he is much better now as you are.”

“I want to see him,” I said.

“You will but stay in bed I’ll go find him for you,” Emily said as she got up from her bed.