CHAPTER 3 - You might already know me from....

I love meeting the fans.  Look at them! Hazel, the group leader and 3 self-loathing pixies. They're glowing with excitement!  (Or maybe they just glow? It's doesn't matter.  They love me!)  I AM getting a bit tired of taking selfies with them. The truth is that without a selfie stick Hazel is never going to get a decent angle on her own face but who cares? I look gorgeous from every angle!
"And then what happened?" a dark-magic pixie asks me.
I decide to tell her the truth. That's what I'm here for anyway, to face the truth about myself, "So I turned them all into mice! And then he said, "Well you won't be designing any more fashions if you keep violating Labor Laws like this!" Can you imagine?Me! Subject to human laws????!!!"
She is appropriately aghast at this idea, so I continue, "But I am and so I guess I just have to  -"
I smell wet dog. The stench is overpowering. I turn to locate the source.
"Excuse me - I'm sorry to interrupt but - did you just see a funny little elf guy who was looking for jelly donuts?"
It's that big dog and some pasty woman. She's probably a vampire - their style is always so . . . literal. I refuse to let him distract from my fan-fest.
"Can't you see that we're having a PRIVATE conversation here? Maybe you should go home and take a shower, doggie."
"Glen's a werewolf," Hazel corrects me. Oh how quickly they turn. She turns from me and answers him, "We would never put out jelly donuts - they're disgusting!"
"The Elf? Did you see the elf?" the pasty one seems agitated
"Puck?" Hazel consults her clipboard, "Well, he's here somewhere. He was on the list to speak last tonight so we can wrap up early. After Morgana, of course."
She's missing the big picture.  Something is going on. I lean in. " And what if we did, Doggie?"
"It's GLEN, " the doggie says as if I have a memory for names of unimportant people.
"Why are you looking for him?"
The pasty one is having some kind of a fit.
The werewolf doesn't seem to notice, "He knows where - , " the vampire elbows him in the ribs and coughs in his face which he definitely notices, " Stop it  - ouch - hey - into your elbow,  lady - I know we're practically immortal and all but nobody likes a cold -, " he turns back to me, " He knows where to find the "Hunger Ring"."
"It still exists!!!!" the words fly out of my mouth before I can stop them.
"Now look what you've done, " she scolds him.
"Uh, yeah - maybe - kinda - so about the elf . . . " he bumbles.
"WHERE?" I lean into him with what I hope is my most menacing stare..
"Something about the frozen lake of Avalon and some woods I think. . . but we don't know where that - "
"The woods of Avalon! Isn't that where you grew up, Morgana?" asks Hazel. Sometimes having superfans has its drawbacks.
A lump forms in my throat, "Yes."
"Great, so maybe you can help us but first if you could just tell us where the elf went?"
"I've never seen an elf in here," I answer. The vampire gives me a dirty look.
"Where has the time gone?" Hazel claps three times and everyone turns to her, "Break's over. Back to your seats."
The Werewolf persists, "Okay . . . . so maybe you could help us find this Hunger Ring.  You seem to know something about it and you know your way around the woods."
"Morgana, if you would share with us, we would all be so appreciative."
"It's my turn."
"Skip it." he growls.
"NO."
"Morgana!" Hazel beckons for me.
"Well I'm going. He turns and begins lumbering toward the door.
"You don't know where you're going. Wait until I'm done - then I'll show you."
"You're going to trust HER?"the pasty one hisses.
"What other choice do I have? Make it quick, okay?"
I nod and  walk towards the podium.  This is going to be easy.