A Chase Through the Woods

I may have...uh...screwed up. The last chapter was not suppose to go the way it did. While writing I accidentally combined chapters 23 and 25-oops XD. The last chapter was suppose to just be about Stormy finally getting back to Berk and chapter 25 was suppose to be about Kari and the others returning. I'm so sorry. I can put in the chat between Stoick and Viggo to fill in chapter 25 but when I was originally planning this story out I wanted to skip it so I can leave you guys wondering exactly what Stoick did to make Viggo talk. I dunno. How about this; you guys let me know in a review on whether or not if you want to read the chat between them or if you want me to skip it like I planned to. Sorry for the super long Authors Note. Let's get back into the story! I hope you enjoy! It's time for some Hiccup action! 

Noon had come; which meant that the guards were going to come and throw some food down to Hiccup. Two men carried some old mutton; once they reached the gate they lazily tossed it in without care. The men turned to leave but stopped when a roar came up from within the Pit. "Huh? I thought that all dragons that go in there are dead," one of the men turned back around, puzzled.

"Maybe that dragon wasn't completely dead," the other suggested. The two men peered into the Pit. It was dark except for some light that was being casted down. Looking at them was Sandy the Sand Wraith. She was running all over the Pit; a panicked roar filled every inch. One of the men, quit puzzled as to why the dragon was very alive, scanned the Pit to see what was making the dragon panic. Everything seemed normal at first but then he spotted the prisoner laying still and face first towards the ground. The man gasped. If Hiccup was dead then so would he. "Open the gate!" he ordered, "And get a ladder!"

Sandy ceased her panic and turned toward Hiccup who in turn rose his head up a little and smiled.

These guys are really easy to fool, Hiccup thought.

The gate creaked open. More sunlight flooded in and chased away some of the shadows. "Hurry!" the man urged as his fellow guards carried a rather long ladder over. The man reached up to grab the ladder but then aloud roar rose up from the Pit. He leaned down to look at the dragon but as he did Sandy shot up into the air. Her feet smacked the man's face and he fell back with a grunt.

"Yea!" Hiccup cheered from Sandy's back. He had nothing to hold onto but he couldn't help but pump his fists in the air as he and Sandy disappeared into the clouds. Such a flawless escape! Why has nobody escaped from there before? Once they were high up in the clouds Sandy spun and did a barrel roll before booking it across the fort.

"Prisoners escaped!" Hiccup heard from below, "Gather the men!"

Hiccup looked down, hoping to watch the guards scrambling around. But what he saw made his heart sink. Both human and dragon prisoners were scanning the sky, trying to see who had escaped. Then their faces disappeared once Sandy passed the walls and flew out to sea.

'We did it!' Sandy cheered, 'Those humans are so stupid!'

"We need to back," Hiccup spoke without thinking.

'What!?' Sandy halted in the air, 'We just escaped Hell and you want to go back!?'

"I won't be able to sleep knowing that I just left them behind," Hiccup looked back at the fort.

'Do you even know any of them?' Sandy asked.

"No," Hiccup sighed, "But...we-I can't just forget about them."

Sandy sighed; knowing that Hiccup's mind was set, 'Fine. But if we get caught I'm blaming you!'

"We won't," Hiccup promised.