Chapter One

Astra's POV

I sprinted as the horde came closer. Some of them are fast,too.I just got to D.C. and I'm already having a bad day. I ducked into an abandoned store.

"Shoot,why did it have to be today? Of all the days for a horde to show up!"

I had just ran out of supplies,and went out on a supply run. I mean, I took everything important in my bag,like my experiments I've been working on. I slammed the door behind me.I moved the shelves over to the door. I looked around. I had walked into a small General store. I looked around, hoping to find some food or water. No luck.

"Damnit..."I whispered to myself. Then I heard gunshots outside. Walkers fell, one by one.

Nick's POV

As me and Barney departed, we only made it a little ways down until we saw a horde by the entrance of a General Store we hadn't seen before. We started shooting the walkers, and they fell,one by one. As I shot the last one, I ran out of ammo, and by the looks of it, Barney had run out too.

"Let's check that General Store."He nodded.We opened the door, and we heard rustling by one of the shelves. I looked at him,and he nodded. We turned the corner to find a girl, and we held up our guns and aimed at her, to scare her, you know, just in case.

"Who are you?"I asked,trying to sound confident."You think that those scare me?"She chuckled."Nice try,but you don't survive in a world like this without at least a little bit of knowledge on weapons.You're both out of ammo, or you would have reloaded by now. You most likely came in here to try and scavenge for some ammunition. Am I wrong?"She said.We lowered our weapons.

"Well,who are you?" I asked again."The name's Astra.Astra Wolfe. And you two are?" "I'm Nick,and that's Barney."I answered. Barney waved."There's no more supplies here. I've already checked."She said."This is the only place I haven't really raided. We can check out the back." She started walking towards the back.

I looked at Barney. He looked just as unsure as I was. He shrugged. We followed her to the back.

-----------
Short chapter, I know! I just wanted to get one up ASAP. I'll probably make more around Christmas break, because I am in school right now so I have a lot of HW. Anyways, hope you enjoyed!