Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Daddy talks…

A silence grew in the room. I waited for Xemas to speak but he said nothing. I started tapping my fingers on the chair. Xemas looked at me and he raised an eyebrow.

“If you got something to say, then spit it out. I want to see Jasper before he leaves again.” I said to his face, he wasn’t pleased about my attitude. Xemas took a step forward & offered his hand.

“We need to talk. Come along Crystal.” Xemas ordered. I slapped his hand away.

“I’m sorry, but my name is Crystalis. Who were you referring to as Crystal?” I demanded. Xemas’s body froze, but he tilted his head down.

“Who told you?” He said not loud enough to be called a whisper.

“The air head known as Siric.” I breathed.  “So it is true? I…I don’t…I don’t understand everyone’s objectives. What is even going on? None of you are sane.”

“What is he planning?” Xemas mumbled to himself. Xemas looked up. His hair was in his face. He once again offered his hand. I stared at Xemas hand that he extended for at moment. I was looking at his left hand, his second finger starting from the left. There was a ring there. His wedding ring. I recognized it from a picture of his moms wedding day that I found in Xemas study a couple weeks ago. If he hated mom so much, why was he still wearing that ring?

“Father…why are you still wearing that ring even though you hate mother?” I spoke. My eyes were glued to the ring. Xemas took his hand back. He twirled the ring on his finger.

“I don’t hate my wife. I love her and I will no matter what. My feeling for her won’t change. That’s why I still wearing this ring. It’s a piece of me.” Xemas extended his hand for the last time. This time with a gentle yet commanding voice he said. “Come, let us go see Amelia.”

***

At moms open coffin is when Xemas spoke again.

“My parents were vampires too. Only they weren’t royal vampires. There are only two types of vampires. Theirs you and I, we are royal vampires. Then there are just plain old vampires, like my parents. Both of your mother and I’s parents knew what we were. They knew of the legends. You see, all ten of his were born with our symbol.” Xemas revealed that he was wearing a necklace with two white swords shaped like an X for a charm. “I was born with this one and your mother was born with a white rose one. You were born with your black rose necklace too. Your mother took yours off and erased what little memoires you had before she handed you off to those two.” Xemas stopped. He waited on me to put some pieces together.

“Go on.” I said. I was curling my mother’s long silver hair around my finger. Xemas put a hand on my shoulder.

“I met your mother when I was very young. I think I was around eight. When I first layed eyes on her. I thought she was the most precious thing in the world. She, on the other hand, was disgusted of me. I never understood why and I still don’t. Maybe when she awakens she will explain that to me. Either way, she still has some explaining to do. Throughout my childhood, I spent very much of my time with your mother. Later on I discovered that when she was born, our parents had an arrange marriage set in action the moment she became a full vampire. I have always been three years older than Amelia. On her twenty fourth birthday, she turned into a full vampire. Four days later we were married.” Xemas went and leaned against the coffin.

“When did you meet the other Roses and Knights besides mom?” I asked. I wanted to find out as much as I could to help me understand because I knew. I knew that whatever game their playing, I had to figure it out. They weren’t going to come right out and tell me.