Chapter 3

"Hello? Is someone there?" I heard my father say when he walked into the living room. The lights were off and I was hiding in a corner. I was terrified of what his reaction would be. To come home to find that his son had been turned into a hideous freak of nature.

"Father?" I said.

"Adrien? What's going on? Why are you sitting in the dark?"

He reached for the light switch, I quickly stopped him as quick as air.

"Don't!"

"What is wrong with you?"

"Father..." I said shakingly. "Do you believe magic?"

"What are you talking about? Let go of me!" He broke his hand free and went to turn the lights on.

"No!"

But it was too late, he looked at me in horror at what I had become. He couldn't speak, he just stood there, shaking, with his mouth open wide. When he was able to grasp his senses again He took me to see every doctor and plastic surgeon in Paris but they all said the same thing.

"I'm sorry Mr. Agreste, but there's nothing I can do."

"You have to do something!" My father said to the doctor. "Give him some medicine, preform surgery, do something! I mean look at him."

"Well we could try a procedure and maybe a few scans but they're could be some risks."

"Risks?" I said.

"Is it money? I'll pay thousands!" My father said.

"I understand money is not a problem for you Mr. Agreste but what you would be risking is your son's life. He is in perfect health, to preform a medical procedure on him could leave him disfigured, disabled, or even dead."

"I don't care what the risk is!"

I hoped that when he shouted that it was because he was irritated with the doctor and didn't think about what he was going to say next. Either way I bolted out of there the minute he said those words. After seeing there was no way to remove this without killing me my father decided it would be best if I was homeschooled for awhile, he also thought it would be better if I lived away from him too. So he sent me to live in the second house we owned though it was actually a mansion if you wanna get technical.

And it was a glorious mansion located far off from town somewhere, barely noticeable. It was filled with different rooms, bedrooms, a dinning hall, some living rooms, and mother's green house. When I was a kid we would stay up there every summer or on Christmas break but that was a long time ago. After Mom left Dad couldn't bear to be near that place. For the first few days I was there it was just me, all alone wallowing in self pity, call it pathetic if you must but what else was there for me to do? Then one day I heard the doorbell ring. I peeped through the hole to see a man dressed in black with black hair and green eyes like mine except they weren't bright they looked faded as if some life had been drained from them.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Mary Poppins." He joked, a comedian no doubt. "My name is Plagg, I'm your tutor."

I opened the door and he walked in.

"Aren't you scared?" I asked him.

"No, why?"

"Um because I look kind of spooky looking."

"Well I wouldn't know, I can't see." He said. "I'm blind."

Typical, of course he'd get a blind tutor that way he couldn't blab to the news about Gabriel's freakish son. I bet if this guy knew what I really looked like he would go running to the presses or the nearest gossip magazine industry.

"Actually kid if I could see I wouldn't do that." He said.

Huh? How did he know that? Did I-

"No you didn't say it out loud and yes I can read your thoughts."

"How?!"

"Plagg stop reading people's minds it's very rude." A high voice said.

I turned to see the clerk from the flower shop carrying a load of luggage. She was about to collapse so I went to give her a hand.

"Oh thank you." She said. "At least someone here knows how to be a gentleman."

"What do you want from me woman? I'm blind!" Plagg said.

"Yes but you have a sixth sense that helps support you with that." She said.

"Hold up! Sixth sense? Reading minds? And didn't you used to work at the flower shop? Who are you people?" I said.

"I am Tikki I'm your new maid and cook." She said. "I'm also a witch."

Great! Not another witch.

"The lazy cheese loving bum over here is Plagg he's my magical assistant and your tutor."

"Lazy bum? I work too you know."

"Of course you do."

"Hold up." I said. "A witch? And a magical assistant? Are you here to cast another hex on me?"

"Oh no you misunderstand, I'm a good witch and while Plagg and I are here just to serve as your tutor and servant we're more like your protectors and guardians."

"What for?" I asked suspiciously. "Why did you apply for the job?"

"For the free food." Plagg said.

"No you pig." Tikki said elbowing him. "We're here because we want to help you because that's what good witches and their assistants do."

"Basically you know the old stories about fairy godmothers, Merlin, and the blue fairy? Well that's us." Plagg said. "For example you are looking at the man who was Aladdin's genie and the woman who made Cinderella the belle of the ball."

"Wait are you Cinderella's fairy godmother?" I asked Tikki.

"Technically I'm her Witch friend but yes."

"Cinderella was a real person?"

"Well yes but her real name is Marie. The stories tell it differently because we can't expose ourselves to mortals, centuries ago we could back when people believed in magic but times have changed and now a days humans can't handle the existence of magical creatures anymore."

"Remember Salem? That was ugly." Plagg said. "Crazy puritans, tried to hang me at least six times I still have nightmares about it."

"Wait a minute, how old are you guys?" I asked them.

"We're as old as time itself." Plagg said.

"But we look as young as the dawn and though we've had to go into hiding it's never stopped us from granting wishes for the good and cursing the evil." Tikki added.

"Well I got cursed and I don't know if I did anything to deserve it." I said.

"I'm afraid this was the work of young, misguided, bad witch." Tikki said.

"Not to mention unlike us she's human so naturally this happened." Plagg said. "I told Trixx teaching magic to a mortal was a bad idea."

"Can you undo this?" I asked.

"I'm sorry but I'm afraid curses can't be undone by magic even it's good." Tikki sighed. "Curses can only broken by the most powerful magic of all, true love."

"Then can you make someone fall in love with me?"

"We can't do that either it's one of the rules. We can't kill anyone, we can't bring back anyone from the dead, and we can't make anyone fall in love."

"Sucks doesn't it?"

"Plagg shut up!"

"I'm just saying why can't we do it?"

"You know very well our magic has no effect on matters of the heart! Love is just too powerful and too good to be tampered with."

"Well then I'm screwed." I said.