I Love You

"Life can only be understood Backwards. But it must be lived 4 wards" - Cat Glover

IX

"I love you too." I whisper, propped up on my shoulder.

Everything about him was peaceful all over again. In this rare moment he slept.

"I love you too." He answered, causing shock to register on my face.

I stirred a bit, before turning his back and snuggling up against the couch's pillow.

It had been hours since my early morning confession. I was fully clothed in my silk pajamas, yet I felt completely naked.

When I'd said, what I said I could have sworn he was asleep. Just testing it out really, to see how it'd taste on my tongue.

Did I mean it?

I thought I did. Though I probably shouldn't have said it. Every time I admitted my love to a man I ended up getting hurt. More hurt than before.

Before I could finish pouring up by cereal, he embraced me. Both of his arms were right just above my waist, as his head lay nuzzled next to mine.

"Hope you're making me some too."

"I wasn't, but I will." I said, regaining control of the box.

"Thank you." He said. "I love you."

"Thank you." I answered, squirming away from his insistent kisses.

"I don't think you heard me correctly. I said, I love yo ass."

"Where is this coming from?"

"You the one who said it this morning."

"I think you were dreaming."

He shook his head 'no' vigorously against my neck. "Nah uh."

I rolled my eyes back, trying to contain my grin.

"Stop biting your tongue, cause I want to hear you say it."

"Why, if you already heard me say it already?"

"Cause I want to hear you say it again."

"I love you."

"T-Thank you" He said, suddenly sounding astonished.

"So you're done bullshitting right?"

"If you are."

"You done fucking up my cars?" He asked letting me go and leaning against the counter.

I faced him in mock surprise. "That was my first time."

"...and last." He grinned, looking upside my head. "Where's all the candy?" He asked, searching the brass candy bowl. I shrugged, chuckling. "You always eating everything." He laughed, before we heard a bang on the door. "I got it." He mumbled, before jogging away.

"Prince!" I yelled behind him.

"What?" He asked, I heard him stop his tracks.

"You need some clothes." I said, referring to his butt nakedness.

He smacked his lips in sarcasm as the knocks at the door continued. "This my house."

"Ok." I shrugged, silently.

It took a minute before my nosey ass heard a man's voice at the door. He sounded like one of Prince's quirky neighbors, our quirky neighbors.

"Yes, I'm aware." I heard Prince say. "Uh huh....uh huh. Well, I appreciate you coming over and telling me." He said. "No, that's ok...it's fine."

"Are you sure?" The man asked.

"Yes." Prince laughed a little.

"That was Tom." Prince said, striding into the living room.

I was lounging on the sofa watching television. "Who the hell is Tom?"

"The guy that stays upstairs." He grinned, flopping down beside me. Picking up his bowl of cereal from the coffee table. "He said he heard all the commotion from last night."

"What commotion?"

"I don't know whether he was talking about you breaking my windows and the other stuff." He said, crunching his corn flakes. "He said he heard glass breaking."

"Oh." I said, feeling sheepish.

"He wanted to know if I called the police yet." He said, causing us both to laugh.

Sorry for the wait- Brittney 😀
I'm wondering, does this seem like a good ending? Or do y'all want more?

2016 ©Britt808