Chapter 23

No.

No, this can't be happening.

After all of this, he doesn't even remember who I am.

Fuck.

I tried to smile through the tears now streaming down my face.

"I'm Taylor Swift, your girlfriend."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor scratched his head, he had a girlfriend?

 "So how long has this been going on?"

"Well it's a long story." The beautiful girl hesitated.

"I got time." He laughed.

"Basically, we met because you're my best friend Selena's ex from a few years ago. You two are still friends. I crashed at your place the night we met because of my ex boyfriend trying to rape me. So you beat him up and we started dating but then a lot of stuff happened and I ended up breaking your heart. We were broken up for 4 months before getting back together a month ago. Then my ex Joe, who I became friends with again, proposed to me. When I said no because we're dating, he kind of went crazy and attacked you. Now you're in the hospital and have been for a month. The doctor says you have temporary amnesia which should eventually wear off."

Whoa.

Taylor shook his head in disbelief. "Damn. That's a lot to take in. Um, are we in love? What's your name again?"

She looked pretty sad still, "Yes, and I'm Taylor Swift."

"Ok then, let me get this straight. Your ex-boyfriend proposed to you, but you rejected him and then he stabbed me?"

"Yes, he beat you up really bad."

"Wow, seems pretty unstable."

"I know. I can't believe I wasted two years of my life on that guy."

"So what happens next then? For us? Obviously, I can't remember you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had a point.

What would happen next?

That was something I didn't have the answer to.

"Taylor, I'm not losing you again. Even if you don't remember me yet, I'm not going to give up on you or us."

He gave me a trademark grin. "I must be a real lucky guy, to have you as my girlfriend."

I held back my own smile, "The luckiest."

-------------------------------------------

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.