VII

I woke up and Jessen was there, next to me with his arms around me. I tried to sleep again, but Devon opened the door and walked inside of the room.

"Good morning Zach, how did you sleep?" She said with a smile in her face, I felt bad for her, but I didn't regret anything.

I cleared my throat "Uh good... I guess" I looked at Jesse, he was opening his eyes. I was scared, what would he say? Did he remember everything? 

"Oh... hi!" He said to me, I smiled. He was still hugging me, he didn't stop until we got up. "Hey baby, why didn't you sleep with us?" said to Devon.

"You were looking so cute when I came here in the early morning, so I slept in the couch, but it's okay! So... Now that you're awake, want to eat something?"

"What time is it?" I asked.

Devon pulled out her phone from the pocket of her high waisted shorts "12 pm"

"We should go outside and eat brunch" Jesse said

"I will take a shower" I tried to get up, but Jesse's arms stopped me "Excuse me" I said in his ear and he let me go. Devon was standing there, looking at her phone. I looked at her for a moment, she looked so happy, thanks god she knew nothing.

I was taking a shower, thinking about everything that happened last night. I knew that pretend was the only thing I could do, but... I wanted an explanation and Jesse wouldn't give it to me. He would avoid everything related to that night and I was scared because it was possible that he would avoid me too.

After 10 minutes, I got out of the shower. Jesse was there, waiting for the bathroom. I looked at him with the towel tied around my waist, he looked me back. It was the first time I felt an umcomfortable silence surround us. He was examinating my body, from toes to head.

"You can use it now if you want..." I said, breaking the ice. He opened his eyes widely and nodded. When he was in the bathroom, I sighed with relief.

Devon and I were ready to go, Jesse was in his bedroom getting dressed.

"We lost you last night" Devon said to me

"...What?

"I remember you were asking for a drink, then you went upstairs and never came back

"Oh... Oh yeah, uhm I wasn't feeling that good... " I smiled, trying to look relaxed

"Why didn't you tell me?" Devon looked a little bit annoyed

"I-I don't know... Devon, I don't remember anything about last night" I was lying, I remembered every single detail

"Okay I get it... Mikey was worried about you" He saw me crying, but he didn't tell that to Devon

"Come on! I felt dizzy, that's all" Jesse showed up, we were ready to go.

We ate in a fancy restaurant, Devon talked all the time about last night, Jesse was silent as me until Devon asked him something.

"Why did you went upstairs in the middle of the party just like Zach?" I almost spilled my water and Devon noticed

"Oh sorry" I giggled nervously

"I was looking for Zach, but I stayed with him" He looked so confident saying that, he wasn't ashamed of everything, that made me feel good. My hands were shaky, so I hid them under the table.

Devon smiled "What did you guys do all night?" 

"We had sex" Jesse said in a serious tone and I almost choked with my food. I wanted the earth to swallow me in that moment. Devon laughed, obviously she didn't believe that, she thought it was a joke "I fucked Zach in the ass" Devon laughed harder and I laughed too, the most funny part is that it was true... He fucked me in the ass.

After eating, we went for a walk before they left me in my house. Since that "joke", I didn't feel an uncomfortable vibe in our conversation. I felt like there was no secret, Jesse told Devon the truth as a joke, but at least he said it.

They left me in the door of my house. I said goodbye and left the car, but Jesse got out of the car too "I lost something and maybe it's in your place... Can I enter with you and look for it?" It was an excuse, anyway I couldn't deny. Devon didn't left the car. Again, I was shaking, trying to open my door was difficult. While I was trying to open it, we had a little conversation.

"Why are you doing this?" I said

"I think we need to talk and you know it"

"Couldn't you wait until tomorrow?" I opened the door, he didn't answer and we entered into the house. He sat in the couch and started talking

"I was drunk and I'm sure you noticed that" He was avoiding eye contact

"So... Do you remember everything?

"What do you mean by everything?

"Uh everything... The things I told you, maybe?" I started playing with my fingers, I was nervous. I looked down dissimulating my blush

"Of course I do! That's why I'm talking to you now... I already explained everything, I was drunk, that's all" He sighed "Now it's your turn

"What do you want me to explain? I-I just... I love you, I don't know how it happened, but-"

"Well, to be honest, it was pretty obvious" He laughed

"Wait, what?

"The day you made a scene I knew something was wrong, you wanted to speak about something, like your emotions, get it? You wanted to tell me how you feel, but something stopped you... Your own emotions stopped you" It was true

"You couldn't figure that out by yourself

"Actually, Jeremy helped" He smiled and I was feeling upset, he knew everything

"Woah... Okay, so we hooked up and I think you played with my emotions this time" I tried not to cry while saying that

"Wait wait wait, did you really think that having sex would mean something?" He was making fun of me, it felt awful

"For a minute I did..." My voice was breaking, I felt tears falling from my eyes

"Come on Zach, sex is sex, love is different. I'm sorry, but what the fuck... This was a huge mistake, you know that I love Dev, how did you-" I interrumped him

"Get out Jesse"

"Zach you can't avoid everything just like that"

"I fucking said, get the fuck out" I almost screamed, I was so furious and so sad. My eyes were wet and my hair was messy. When the door was closed I cried out loud. My heart was broken, sadness turned into physical pain. I tried to sleep, but nightmares lurked me.