Chapter 6

Hello my lovelies, I am really sorry I have not been keeping up with my story i have been super busy this past summer with work and getting ready for college, I have gone through and edited the last chapter because something went wrong when I transferred over the story and it left out quite a bit so I apologize for any confusion. If you have any questions please ask:) remember to comment and vote!  I really enjoy hearing feedback!

 I sat up and stared at the black feather for what seemed like forever. How did it get there? I questioned myself, and after a while of gazing at the feather I mustered up the courage to reach over and pick it up off the pillow as I was doing so I peered over the other side of my bed. I was afraid to see what would lay on the side the feather was on. I held my breath as I saw...Nothing. I gave a confused look at the wooden floor boards before I decided to take a sweep of the room. I cautiously looked in every crack and crevice of the room but every where I looked i came up empty handed. I'm not even sure as to what i was looking for but eventually I gave up in my search for it. I sat back down on my bed and decided to examine the feather. It was so light sitting in the palm of my hand I could barley feel it. I ran my finger down the side of the feather, it was so soft. I stared up from the feather in my hand and gazed around the room. I felt as if a pair of eyes were watching my every move. I sat there looking and listening  for any sign of movement, but there was nothing, the only thing to be heard was the gentle creaking of the ship and the crashing ocean waves out side my window.My eyelids felt heavy as I laid in bed hours after I had found the feather. Just when I felt like I just might fall asleep the creaking of the ship would startle me awake, an unsettling feeling lurked in my stomach for the rest of the night. It wasn't until I saw thin wispy streams of light trickling in my room that I felt some sort of relief. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer as I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

When I woke the sun was high in the sky over head, and sounds of many footsteps running around on deck made me realize that it was already mid day. Sitting up in bed I looked around the cabin, remembering the strange events that took place the night before. My head felt a little groggy from lack of sleep and the steady sway of the ship. I slowly stood up from the bed and walked over to open up the window. Cool salty air hit my face and I immediately started to feel better. I watched the ocean waves rhythmically slap the side of the ship for a while, this was the first time I was actually able to really enjoy looking at the water since I had arrived.

  Deciding I should probably get dressed I walked over by the bed to where my old dress laid across the floor, it was ripped and stained. I picked up the sad piece of fabric to see if there was anything I could salvage from it, but to my disappointment my dress would never be worn again. Just then an idea popped into my head, stepping over to the wooden wardrobe in the corner, I opened the doors and saw a bunch Asten's cloths. I can't go wandering around the ship in my night gown and there is no way I am going to wear my old dress. I carefully started to go through his cloths to see if any would fit me, I didn't care to much for wearing other people's cloths let alone Asten's but I was desperate. It took a little bit but eventually I found a white shirt that was smaller then the others, but it was still fairly big on me, and some pants that were to long and wide for me. Yes I was not the shortest girl in the world, but I wasn't the tallest either so if these cloths were big on my 5 '7' frame I doubt any shoes would fit me either, but there was not a chance I would walk around deck with no shoes on. I sat down on the floor and looked at the mountain of shoes that sat on the bottom of the wardrobe in a massive unmatched pile. I rolled my eyes and started pulling out the shoes and tried to find any pair that matched, most of the shoes were worn and had holes in them, but non would even be close to fitting me.