Young Justice : Undetected (11)

It’s raining here in Gotham almost a down pour, i rush back from the bank. Hoping to catch Albert, the nice elderly man who owns the convenient store beneath my apartment,

Luckily it hasn't closed

"Albert! I'm so sorry, here is the rent money." i say catching my breathe

"it's all right, i knew you would come." he smiles weakly, taking the money

"You take care of yourself alright? I've been seeing those street punks nicking stuff from your shop." I give him a sympathetic smile.

"Mm... those pesky kids why i ourta... erh Aliza, don't worry about me.." he says as he pats me on the arm.

"But i do worry, hey how about i help you out with your shop some time?" my day lightens up at the thought.

"Mm.. sounds good, ooh my son's here see you soon Aliza, you take care now." i give his son a slight wave before i leave to get change into my outfit.

Once i returned back to mount justice my cape was wet i leave it near the portal tube, I was welcomed by a fellow dressed in red and black, with a batch of arrows on his back.

"Hello, i don't think we've met. Cantell" i say gesturing to myself,  "it's a pleasure to meet you... Red arrow" i introduce myself giving him a quirky smile.

He eyes me from head to toe with a hint of doubt. He notices my boots to my denim jean, strapped belt then to my padded jacket then my features. He almost makes it unnoticeable that he’s looking me up.

"The pleasures all mine" He makes me feel uneasy with how he says it.

Before he continues Batman enters our bubble.

"We need you to join us."

Red arrow gives me one last glance before he walks towards the group.

I wanted to know what he was going to say behind that 'look' before Bats butted in.

"Computer, recent prison break out. As you can see here Joker has broken out of prison, a week ago." states Batman.

"He’s been busy in his workshop, coming up with some sort of scheme, a big one,” red arrow points towards the holographic picture of joker in mid break out.

"And it involves the opening ceremony of the Laboratory for upcoming students that want to be future scientists." Batman carries on. "Red arrow will help in investigating, you as the young justice team will help keep watch and chances are their will be flaws in their plan."

"Looks like it'll be your first mission with us." say M'gann rather cheerful.

"Our temporary member will stay put for this operation." i come in his sight and i understand. " You’re dismissed. Cantell..." i stop at his words.

There were slight looks from each member even M'gann, Robin's glare showed through his masquerade glasses before walking away. I guess he knows his place with batman huh?

"What is it?" i ask.

"You’re not going to be on the mission with them but you’re going to have to follow them without being detected by anyone... even civilians. And if there are any complications fix it swiftly. "

"But why?" i question

"We need to know if the team is still..." there was a slight pause. “Efficient" he finishes
"now do you understand?” his voice stern as if it was a high priority case.

"Understood.” i reply

***

"So... M'gann you excited about this mission?" i start off, the last thing i want is them on my case.

" Mm... yea, it’s kinda like any other mission we do, so there shouldn't be any problems... i think."

We giggle a bit "you think? When are you guys leaving?" i ask.

"As soon as Batman refines the details, we're stuck here till then.

"Good luck with that." i wish i could take a joy ride on that Bio-ship

***

"What kind of mayor holds an opening ceremony in the evening?” says wally, jogging his way backwards.

"Do you ever use that brain of yours Wally? He’s the mayor I'm sure he’s busy with plenty of things." Artemis replies

"If you think about it, it's the perfect time to do the crime." rhymes Robin. M'gann smirks and like that the Bio-ship vanishes.

In stealth mode they begin to make their way towards the laboratory. While I'm just a few stumps away hiding under the shadows of the forest.

Their facial expressions change constantly then i knew i was at a disadvantage, i don't know what they're discussing I’m not part of the telepathic link. I creep my way ahead of them a few metres, up upon a branch i crouch watching a few goons haling in a large container near the back of the laboratory.

"If it’s that big, it's practically trouble" say Conner from beneath me.

Aqualad says "yes, he is trouble we need a plan, Miss Martian are we linked up?" she nods notifying him the link is secure.

From here on in, a game of charades with mimes how fun.

In seconds M'gann blends in with the forest and a rush of air passes me.

As they communicate Super boy helps get rid of a guard who had seen them. Kaldur turns to Kid Flash, he races off just like that, the speedster disappears. He turn to find his last member gone without a trace, i didn't even notice Robin Leave.

M'gann like an illusion of movement in the back ground reminds me of the time i met Conner at Gotham's park, coincidence?

They then dispose the rest of the oncoming guards. Trying to keep in pace with them, Robin is back and tapping away at his holographic computer. Trippy.

His hacking taking longer than it needs to be. Superboy approaches the container tightening his grip on the edge just before he yanks it apart the distort faces of the members make me want to laugh. Conner backs away.

'ACCESS GRANTED' shows in bright bold green letters on his holographic computer.

The doors of the large shipping container opens with a loud hiss, spreading out like a large mat.