three

dallon had been calling brendon's name for a few minutes when i finally stood up from the couch and found my way to him, not filtering my annoyance with the two.

"what do you need from him?" i sighed as i walked through the open door of the bedroom they were sharing.

"will you just tell him to come in here if you see him? i know he's probably smoking, but i hate that shit and i want to...hang out with him."

"'hang out?'" i questioned. "is that like code for 'i haven't seen you for twelve hours and i want sex?'" i laughed as dallon threw a pillow at me with a grin. "i thought you wanted time away from him."

"just get him in here," he chuckled as he leaned down to pick up the pillow and rest it behind his head as he opened his laptop. "and tell him to stop smoking that shit!"

"okay, mom," i waved him away as i walked out of his room, leaving the door open on my way out.

i walked outside to find brendon sitting in the drivers seat of my truck, the window down and smoke blowing though it. i watched him put down the rather large bong when i shouted his name.

"brendon!" i smiled at his surprised face. "dallon said to 'stop smoking that shit and get in here,'"

brendon coughed and looked up at me with a glare as he abandoned the bong on my passenger seat and clambered out of the car, brushing past me into the cabin behind me. he better not have gotten any ash in my car.

i took a moment of silence after brendon left to his needy boyfriend to clear my thoughts. i loved those two, but they were very annoying at times.

at by at times, i mean basically every waking moment of every day.

i looked out at the trees and bushes, seeing the lake not too far down from here. the cabin was on a slight hill, and provided a great view on either side, trees or not.

deciding i should finish unpacking into the room i always used when me and my father used to come here, i reluctantly turned to enter the cabin, along with the presence of brendon and dallon's oh-so-noticeable sexual tension.

right as i stepped onto the old doormat i heard a small sound, it was quiet, but it was there. it also didn't sound like an animal, it felt too, human.

my mind quickly put together that the sound, in fact wasn't an animal, and was in fact, a sneeze, when i turned my head and saw a boy covering his mouth with the sleeve of his hoodie.

the boy had pale skin, but it was, almost pink. his hair was a dark brown and he had a baggie hoodie draped over his evidently small figure.

he was looking down at the ground, and i watched as he slowly inched his head upward and made eye contact with me.

i didn't move, but neither did he. a few seconds after, he took two steps back and broke our little staring contest to look me up and down, and brought his apprehensive eyes back up to mine.

he looked like a doe in headlights.

i was about to speak, to ask who the strange brunette was, when his eyes got impossibly wider and he took off in the other direction, deeper into the forest.