Chapter 1

Amaya walked along the halls of the school, her wavy black hair bouncing with each step and her bland eyes staring straight ahead, ignoring the students looking at her. She was new to this school, since her parents were always overprotective. It took a lot for Amaya to convince her parents to let her switch from Lobelia to here.

"Isn't that Amaya Takani?" A boy asked.

"I heard her family owns a morgue company." A girl whispered. "Creepy."

"I have a friend at Lobelia who's met her. They say she's insane and talks to herself." Another girl whispered.

"Wow. Everyone is so rude here." A young girl, looking about twelve said to Amaya. The girl looked extremely out of place in the prestigious school. She was thin, was wearing a torn blue dress, she walked with bare feet, her brown hair was bobbed and messy, though still cute, while her brown eyes were hazy and had a red tint to them.

"Gigi... I told you not to follow me to school." Amaya muttered under her breath.

"I can do what I want. I have nothing holding me down." Gigi said, defiance in her voice. "Besides. Nobody else will be able to see me."

Gigi was right, she actually wasn't human. In fact, she was a ghost. Amaya could see all types of ghosts. She assumed it was because her family owned a morgue. But she was a bit doubtful, when she talked to her parents, they both said they could see them too, and Amaya assumed it was genetic, and didn't think about the details any further.

Ghosts looked just like live people, though they were a bit transparent, and they could float whenever they wanted. Usually they had a red tint to their eyes, but the newest ghosts didn't have it. They were rather common around the world. She usually saw a couple at markets or malls, mostly they hung around the places they died, like lakes, hospitals, and places like those. Ghosts don't talk much, just walk around miserable, brooding on their life. Gigi was much different than them, though in her life she was homeless and depressed, after death she was lively and always smiling.

"Hey! Amaya! You passed your classroom!" Gigi shouted, pulling Amaya from her thoughts, she turned to see Gigi standing at a doorway, the sign above it said 1-A. Amaya walked over to her.

"Thanks." Amaya said quietly. She walked into the room, which seemed to grow quiet as she walked inside, everyone stared at her, watching as she stepped in front of the classroom.

"Okay class, today we have a new student!" The teacher exclaimed. "Class, say hello to Amaya Tanaki, Amaya?"

Amaya bowed slightly, "Nice to meet you. Please take care of me." She said blandly, ignoring the whispers from the other students.

"Okay, Amaya, please, take a seat next to Shiro."

A blond haired boy raised his hand and Amaya sat next to him, sitting in the back corner, away from the Windows. Gigi was going around, looking at the other students.

"Oh! Look! Twins Amaya! Twins!" Gig exclaimed. Running to two aburn haired look-alikes. "Wow! I can hardly tell them apart!" She was now floating, so that she was staring them right in the face. Though the two didn't even notice her. Amaya didn't respond.

"Come on Amaya! You're being mean!" Gigi whined. "Talk to me!"

Amaya sighed, "I'm not talking to you because people will think I'm insane." She muttered.

"Fine. I'm just gonna watch all these new people!" Gigi floated to a little nook near the ceiling, and sitting down, crossing her legs as the teacher started her lesson.

Amaya had to stop herself from falling asleep during the classes, though Gigi was easily entertained, watching and making fun of students.

Must be lucky to be her. Amaya thought. Being able to make witty comments and nobody hearing. Her eyes scanned the room, and she noticed the two twins bothering a brunette, but how does the teacher not notice them? She sighed and waited until the lesson ended, and the teachers switched.

The next lesson was just as boring as the last. The teacher just talked continuously about math. Amaya couldn't help but take out her sketchbook and started to draw, she drew Gigi, mostly it was just a sketch dump for the page, headshots, random poses, and stuff like that. She continued to draw until the bell rang for lunch.

When she heard that sweet sound of release, Amaya shut her sketchbook and headed out of the room, Gigi close behind her.

"Why won't you talk to anyone?" Gigi asked. "Those twins seemed promising."

"Will you stop talking about the twins? It's like you're obsessed with then."

"They're cute."

Amaya just sighed and continued walking, whispers surrounding her as she headed towards the lunchroom.

"Wow. They don't like you just because your family owns a morgue company." Gigi said, now walking beside Amaya. "Rich people are interesting."

"You say that about everyone." Amaya whispered.

Gigi looked up at Amaya, "Well, it's true." She said.

Amaya just sighed and headed to the lunchroom, she quickly bought her lunch and walked outside of the lunch room. No doubt she would be sitting alone at a table if she chose to do so, everyone would be repelled just by her presence. She found a place to sit in an arched window and she started to eat.

"Man! That looks so good!" Gigi said, staring at the food.

"You can't even eat it." Amaya said.

"Still."

The rest of the day was the same, a couple more classes, and then it was finally time to go home. Amaya was walking out of the classroom when she realized Gigi wasn't with her.

"Oh dear. Where is she?" She said to herself. Amaya looked around, seeing Gigi follow the twins. Amaya sighed, she should of known Gigi would do something like this. She followed the group to an abandoned music room, and watched as they went inside.

When Amaya opened the doors, she was bombarded by roses.

"Welcome!" Seven voices said.