A Promise

TRISTAN

"But what if you don't come back Tris? I-I can't live without you!"

My boyfriend asked me as he burried his face unto mine on our secret little rendezvous, a cave surrounded with odd fuchsia pink flowers. Its been two years since this British vs. German war started. I was only seventeen years old when me and other British adolescents were forced to join the army to fight against the enemies. Afterwards, thats when I found the love of my life Brad under an army tank. His angelic face was covered with dust and he was down on the ground unconcious. He was so helpless and unsafe, and I knew he needs someone to keep him safe. Brad was only sixteen when I met him. We fell in love subsequently and instantly. But I stilll have a duty for my country so we decided to move in together. We were only young at that time but who the hell cares, I love him. I come home every other week on our first year in living together but after the Germans have increased their weapons and
troops, we needed to step up our game so our Colonel took our time off. I haven't seen my Brad until now... It has been a year since I last saw him and it breaks my heart seeing Brad again because I wont be telling to him that the war is over. Instead have to tell something that might make him crestfallen.

"Brad... M-my Colonel told us that our troop needs to move far far away from here to battle. They're planning an all out attack against the Germans"

The curly head boy immediately burried his face on my chest. I felt every tear that cascaded on my military uniform.

"But what if you don't come back Tris? I-I can't live without you!"

I released him from my body and cupped his soft and flawless face.

"I-I will come back love don't worry"

He kept sobbing and clung to me like a koala. I can't stand to see him like this so I picked a perfectly bloomed fuchsia flower near Brad's feet.

"I'll come back love... And when I do, we'll leave this country and move to Paris and marry you there yea? Then we'll live together peacefully"

I handed him the flower and his smile grew up to his ears. After that I removed my combat helmet and put it on Brad's head, covering his curly and soft hair.

"You'll come back? I'll miss you"

"I'll come back love. I promise! Even if I'm not yet leaving I already miss you Braddy bear"

I hugged him tight and kissed his forehead. Gunshots and canons are dominating the airwaves. I hugged and kissed him again for the last time, I held his body unto mine and felt his heartbeat.

"I'll come back I promise"

"I love you Soldier"

"I love you too... I have to hurry, see you soon my love. Let's write each other letters okay?"

He hugged me back tighter. As much as I want this moment to last, I have to go. I removed his tiny arms on my skinny body and a tear fell on my eye. I jogged my way out of the cave leaving my Brad behind. It hurts so fucking much but this is for the both of us.

•••

Brad was lying on his bed alone as always, waiting for Tristan to come home. He wrote a letter few weeks ago, Tristan said that the war is almost over and he'll be coming back soon. Brad went up and looked through his window, eyeing the stars. Bombings and canons are still invading the airvwaves. He knows that the war is far from over, Tristan just said that to keep him in the lighter side of waiting. The only thing he knows right now is he misses Tristan badly. The curly head boy opened a lamp and turned his radio on to entertain himself.

"BREAKING NEWS, THE GERMANS JUST CHEMICALLY BOMBED THE BRITISH TROOP'S CAMP SITE. A FEW TROOPERS SURVIVED BUT AUTHORITIES ARE STILL IDENTIFYING THE IDENTITIES OF THE FALLEN SOLDIERS.

END

Yoooo! Its good to write again :) haha! This One shot is an open ending so its either Tristan survived the bombing or not :) DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND TO COMMENT GUYS!! THANKS FOR READING! x