8

Chapter 8

Amstelveen

16:44

Noelle's phone rang, so she got up from her bed, putting her laptop aside. Picking it up, she quickly unlocked it and tapped on the notification. It turned out to be Martijn, texting her privately, instead of the group chat, because most of her notifications were always from that group chat.

It was rainy outside. The harsh wind was blowing outside, making the bare branches of tall tress creak from every movement. No wonder the weather was cold, Christmas was getting closer and closer with every day and there was only less than a week left until it.

Noelle's room was decorated with Christmas lights and a small Christmas tree standing in the corner with tiny ornaments, giving her room Christmas spirit. It looked really cute, especially when there wasn't much light, like today. Noelle liked decorating for Christmas, because it was fun and she enjoyed it - taking out all of the ornaments from the box and arranging them.

Martin: Hey

Noelle: Hi, what's up?

Martin: Are you free today's evening?

Noelle: Yes

Martin: Good, because there's a party, to which I want to go to with you. I'll pick you up at 9.

Noelle: Okay, sure

Noelle smiled at her phone, looking at the time. It was five, but since the weather was not the best, she couldn't do a run. Instead, she decided to simply lie in her bed and watch random TV series. Putting her laptop on her knees, she browsed through the TV shows.

She felt, like she watched everything she liked already, so she decided to re-watch some of her most favourite episodes, just to make time pass faster. Although she didn't quite like parties, Martijn was going to be with her, as well as Ines, Francis' girlfriend.

Ines and Francis have been dating for a very long time - something like two years already. Noelle thought, that they were a very cute couple and matched each other perfectly. They were on of the least couples, that didn't look fake or wrong together - everything in their relationship was perfect.

Noelle thought Ines was funny and interesting, because the two girls spent quite a lot of time together, since Francis first introduced them to each other. It was when Martijn, Julian, Francis and Noelle, of course, decided to go to the movies together and Francis said, that he will bring his girlfriend.

At first, everyone thought, that this is going to be a disaster, but Noelle and Ines became good friends and are pretty much inseparable now. However, Ines doesn't attend Herman Brood Academy. She told Noelle, that she had no music talent and didn't want a career in music at all.

Staring at the laptop screen, Noelle got bored really fast. Re-watching old episodes turned out to be boring, but she left them on, taking her phone and texting in their group chat, with Ines included.

Noelle: Hello!

Ines: Hey :)

Lucas: What's up?