You Have to Let Me Go

"Don't die out there."

Those were the last few words you heard from him before you ended up in this situation. The situation where the team underestimated the amount of gang members and gun fire that came out to greet them on this mission. The situation where you fought against the enemy to the best of your ability all while bleeding out of the obvious wound in your abdomen.

You didn't know how long you were fighting. All you knew was that every inch of your body ached; but that didn't stop you. Right when you were about to disarm one of the last gang members, a piece of debris came flying and knocked him out.

Looking in the other direction, you saw M'Gann hovering just above. You gave her a thankful expression before collapsing on your knees and wincing at the pain coming from your side.

"Y/N!" M'Gann yelled as she flew over to kneel beside you while the rest of the team came running. M'Gann lifted your shirt to check the wound and gasped.

"We have to get back to the cave, you lost a lot of blood, why didn't you say anything?" she asked worriedly but you were too out of breath to respond.

M'Gann called the ship as Robin rushed to your side and your head automatically leaned on his shoulder.

"I told you not to die," he muttered into your hair.
"I'm not dead yet," you replied simply, squeezing his hand.

The ship arrived seconds later and everyone boarded, Robin never once leaving your side as he helped you into the med bay and continued to apply pressure in order to stop the bleeding.

You knew you weren't going to make it.

He looked at you when you grabbed his hand again. Your voice was quiet. "Dick, you have to let me go."

Robin didn't react. He went back to focusing on stopping the bleeding and shook his head. "No," he closed his eyes as if he was in pain. "No, I won't let go. I-" he paused.

You reached up to take off his mask, seeing a gloss in his eyes of unshed tears and cupped his face in your hand.

"I can't lose you too, Y/N."

At that, you felt tears of your own forming behind your eyes. Whether it was from the pain or heartbreak you weren't sure. Maybe it was both. You brought his head down and leaned your forehead against his.

"I'm sorry," you started. "I'm so sorry. I don't want to leave you but with this amount of blood loss, i'll never make it. I should have been more careful on the field. Perks of having a reckless lover, huh?"

You saw a glimpse of a small smile on his face at that statement.

"Just promise me you'll move on, Dick," your voice cracked.

He didn't move right away, but nodded slowly. "I promise." he said.

"This would be the worst time ever to say that I love you, wouldn't it?" you smiled at your boyfriend.

"You always did have the worst timing with things, babe." he said quietly while squeezing your hand.

"Kiss me"

Your voice was barely a whisper and your eyes were half lidded but Dick didn't question it. He kissed you. It was gentle yet he still kissed you with all the love and passion he had in him until he felt your lips go limp.

He parted from you and saw a single tear falling down the side of your face and wiped it away slowly.

"I love you too."

---------------------------------------
a/n

hello friends!!!!!! if you cried while reading this im so sorry but do not worry the next chapter (if i ever update) will be fluffy so yaaayy!! (sorry for this being really short ah im not very creative)

also, holy frick this book has 9k views?!?!?! um thank you?!?! honestly i think i was in like 9th grade when i first uploaded failsafe and i did it for fun and was definitely not expecting this many people to enjoy it omg but im glad!! thank you to everyone who has viewed, voted, and commented ilysm

ok well i dont know what else to say besides thank you lmao so see you in a few months or whenever i update next ahahaha xx

instagram: katelynn.rozell
tumblr: buritooru.tumblr.com (link in bio)