Chapter 1- Missing You

Laurence's POV

It's been a month without her. Why would they take her? I don't understand. Her father. I'm glad he's gone. I don't regret what I did. I had to save her. I had to protect her. Now She's gone. She's at my old orphanage. It's horrible there. I just told her how I felt. And now, I'll never find her.

Aphmau's POV

Why did they take me here? Oh yeah that's right I have to stay here till I'm 18. AND IM ONLY 16. I'm crying. Harder than I did when I was abused. My life is so messed up. I don't understand. A Woman is coming. I wipe my tears away hoping she didn't hear me cry.

"Are you ok" she asked.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME. OF COURSE IM NOT OK. IF YOU WERE ME YOU WOULD BE UPSET TOO" I said enraged. I can't believe she has the courage to say 'Are you ok' like of course I'm not.

"Hey, calm down. Everything is gonna be ok" she said calmly.

"SERIOUSLY. I JUST CANT EVEN RIGHT NOW. WHY ARE YOU-" I stopped. A small ball of light is coming from

What the. How is? Wh-What. This doesn't make sense. I don't have magic. I can't. I'm a normal person. Donna never told me about this power.

"H-Hey calm down. No need for anyone to get hurt here" the woman said scared. Their scared of me. The light dies out. And I start crying again.

2 Months Later

I have to run away from the orphanage. I can't be here any longer . I hate it here. I'm never gonna get adopted. My plan is to go tonight.

TimeSkip To 2 Hours Later. (5 pm)

Still few more hours. I'll go back home. But I dont have one. This is gonna be-Wait. Are they bringing someone in? Huh. They haven't brought anyone in since..... Me. It's a boy.  He has white hair. He looks my age. He doesn't looks scared. When all of us came here we were scared, even at my age. I've been here for 2 months. Good luck.

(To my older readers you'll understand that Laurence and Aphmau are kind of thinking the same thing. I know. Mind blown)

"Hi, my name is Aphmau" I said. Might as well be nice. He doesn't know anyone.

"Cool name, My names Travis" he said.

"Thanks, You have a cool name too" I said to him. He's nice.

"So what brought you here" he asked.

"Headstrong, eh. Anyway it's a long story. I don't need to burden you with my issues" I said.

"Oh, you must've had it rough then" he said.

"So why are you here" I asked a bit harsh. I then look down.

"My mom died in a car accident and my dad, let's just say he couldn't take care of me" he said and my head shot up. We almost have the same problem. I can kind of relate to this guy.

"Well I don't have anything better to do, so I guess I'll go into my backstory. Let's sit, it's a long one" I said.

(Read book 1 to fully understand, shameless self-promo😂)

"Wow........ So you have, like scars and stuff" He asked. I nodded. His eyes widened.

"So this Laurence guy, was he like your boyfriend" he said. I rolled my eyes.

"No. But, he was my very close friend" I said a little said. I miss him. Katelyn. Nicole. Garroth. Dante. Kawaii~Chan. Lucinda, and....... Cadenza. Them. I- I don't know how I'm gonna get over this. But their gonna move on. I know it. They have to.

"Aph" he said and I jumped. H-He called me 'Aph'. That's what Laurence called me.

"You're crying" he said. I felt my cheeks. I had tears. I didn't even notice. I wiped them away.

"Did I say something" he asked. I nodded.

"Sort of. Laurence used to call me Aph, and I was just thinking about my friends" I said looking down again.

APHMAU PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER.

"Sorry. I won't call you that" he said quickly. I shook my head.

"It's fine. Call me whatever you want. It just caught me off guard" I said and he nodded.

"I'm not gonna call you that. That was a special name Laurence gave you. I'm not gonna take it" he said. I smiled.

"Do you think...... Do you think we have a chance at getting adopted" I said. He nodded.

"Yes. It'll take time, but it'll happen" he said with a lot of hope. I smiled again. And that's when I decided......... I'm not gonna run away. I have hope.

"Thanks" I said.

"For what" he asked.

"For giving me hope" I said.

"Friends" he asked me.

"Sure" I said joyfully

"I've never had a friend, so I don't know what to do when you have one" he said.

"I haven't had a friend in 2 months so........." I said.

"I just don't wanna be alone here" he said looking down.

"So we're essentially, not alone buddies" I said and he looks up.

"Not alone buddies" he said putting out a hand for me to shake. I took it and we shook hands.

"Time for bed" the lady working here said.

"Night" I said to Travis.

"Night" he replied. And with that we went out separate ways and slept. As I was laying in bed I thought about how things might get better here.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
The birth of not alone buddies. Will Laurence move on? Will they ever get adopted? How are Katelyn, Garroth, Dante and Nicole doing?This is the first of many chapters to come. So tell me, do you like it.

Words: 951