Chapter 11

Please, please wake up.

It's the General's option to pull the plug. She has no next of kin.

Does she have a chance?

Please, wake up.

I need you.

Lauren felt her body just begging to move again. She felt herself wanted to scream out for help as she heard voices on the outside, but she couldn't. Something was holding her back. Instead, her eyes were open in her dreams.

She was trapped in an all white building as she wore a hospital gown attached to an I.V.

"Where am I?" She asked out loud, hearing her voice echo through the never ending walls.

Lauren recognized the building to be the same hospital where her siblings were brought to the day of her birthday several years ago.

The Jauregui's had been driving together to surprise Lauren at their grandparents large home located in the outskirts of town. Her family had planned a surprise party for her 18th birthday, inviting all of her friends from school and her soccer team. Their neighbors were all close to them as well, and the big surprise event was looking to have almost one hundred attending.

All Lauren knew was that they were going to visit her grandparents, and spent the whole car ride singing out loud to endless songs with her family. From Bohemian Rhapsody to old Selena Quintinilla, they were happy.

"We have to stop at the gas station really quick," Michael spoke up as he turned into the small 76.

"Can we get some candy?" Taylor and Chris perked up as they exited the car.

"I guess I'll buy a lottery ticket. Maybe we'll get lucky," Clara chuckled out.

Lauren followed her family inside the convenient store to use the disgusting bathrooms before continuing on their mini-road trip.

She finished her business before washing her hands. As she went to grab the handle on the door, she heard gunshots ring out on the other side.

Lauren froze as she prayed to God that she just somehow imagined things. She unlocked and pulled the barrier to peak out through the small gap.

There were three men robbing the store. They had shot down two employees, and Lauren's eyes laid right on their lifeless and bloody bodies. Multiple people tried running away, but were all shot down as soon as they got through the sliding doors.

The bathroom that Lauren was in was off to the side and was hidden from where the robbers were. She couldn't help but freak out and panic, feeling her anxiety rise within her. She called 9-1-1 and whispered what has happened, before seeing her father's bloody body trying to get her attention. He had been shot.

The gun, he mouthed to her. I love you.

The gun.

Lauren diverted her eyes to the ground were the employees laid, seeing a handgun next to them. Two robbers held multiple customers hostage while other's bodies remained draining out. The last robber walked around slowly, but their backs were turned from where she stood.

She inhaled and regained her nerves before crawling down, feeling tears run down her cheeks as she silently made her way over to the weapon.

Ducking behind the counter, Lauren looked to a big mirror which showed everything happening going on in the store. More shots went through bodies, making her breath hitch as each one rang out.