Something big

It was two weeks later. I woke up and made myself a cup of coffee. I couldn't stop yawning. If only Starbucks was in my kitchen or my neighbor. Then, I heard the doorbell ring. Who could be coming now, it was ten but normally people don't drop by without a heads up like this, this early. I walked to my door and opened it. I was in disbelief when I saw who it was. I must be super tired and imagining this. "No way." I finally said. He smiled. "I can't believe Shawn Mendes is actually at MY house!" I said smiling.

"Well then, you won't be able to believe that you'll be coming on tour with me as my opener!" He said smiling in his cute Canadian accent.

"You mean, I seriously won!?!" This is amazing.

"Your video was amazing. You were yourself, I can tell you didn't edit it. Your voice was yours and you can play guitar. Nothing in that video was fake and that's what I want. You showed yourself and didn't even mess with the part you used my last name. You also joked about it, plus you write your own stuff."

"This is incredible!" Then, I realized he was still standing outside. "Come on in, I'm sorry."

"it's fine." He replied and walked in. I shut the door and realized what I was wearing. A tank top with bootie shorts, my hair was a mess, I had zero makeup on. I never got ready yet and I look terrible in front of a cute famous person that wouldn't be completely impossible to date. Only I could do that. Good job Lexi.

"Will you excuse me for a second?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied and laughed. I ran upstairs and threw on my black shorts with a white boho chic off the shoulder lace crop top. I pulled my hair down and brushed it. It was a cute beach wave then did my make up fast. I walked downstairs and sat next to him on the couch.

"I thought the prize was just concert tickets and backstage passes." I said.

"They were but something happened with my opener and I need a new one. It was last minute and when I saw your video I loved your voice. I looked you up on YouTube and you wrote some pretty great songs. This could be how you get discovered. I talked to my manager and he agreed to letting you be my opening act."

"You don't know how much that means to hear you say that. My friend is going to be so jealous."

He laughed at that. "So we booked you a flight to Canada for Wednesday. You'll stay at my house meet everyone you need to there. Then Sunday starts the tour. What you need to do is make sure you've got everything here covered so you can travel."

"That's easy."

"Good. Sadly, I will be leaving tomorrow. So, what you need to bring is the essentials, performance sort of clothes, your guitar. Stuff like that and anything else you can think of."

"Perfect, but can you do me a favor."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Sign my guitar."

"Of course." I grabbed my guitar and a sharpie and handed them to him. He signed it and handed them back.

"Thanks, now my guitar is also performance ready."

"Perfect." He replied and we laughed. "Let me enter my number in your phone so you can contact me." I handed it to him and he entered it in.

"Don't worry, I won't leak your number."

"Good. You will not believe how many times I've had to change it." I laughed. "I should let you know, we will be doing meet and greets and some other things so be prepared."

"Sounds good."

"If you ever have questions or anything you can come to me. I know how scary this can be."

"Thanks, that makes me feel better." A few hours later he left and I started to pack. I texted Kamryn and told her to come asap. I had all my suitcases pulled out and was standing in my closet. Kamryn was only going into her senior year of high school and school started in a few weeks. She got here and walked into my closet.

"Hey are you going somewhere?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied. "You're going to hate me after I tell you."

"Why?"

"You know the Shawn Mendes contest."

"Yeah but you'd be going to his concert here."

"I was supposed to but I will actually be going to every concert!"

"What, how? The tickets are only to one concert."

"Yeah, but his opener quit and he heard me and showed up in my doorstep."

She laughed, "you got me."

"Clearly, you haven't seen my snapchat story."

She took out her phone and looked at it, her jaw dropped. "No way! He was at your house!"

"Yeah now help me pack." She did, I packed some comfy clothes, a few swim suits, crop tops, skirts, dresses, jeans, etc. I made sure I had my Shawn Mendes shirt and hoodie. I packed at least twenty different pairs of shoes. My laptop and song book and all chargers. I made sure my leather jacket was packed. I had all the essentials and more. I packed my duffel bag as well. Finally, I was all packed.

"You'll for sure get Brent's attention like this." She said.

"We can only hope." I replied. I've liked him since like ever yet he never took a notice in me and he's even a family friend. But I think by doing this he'll finally like me. But if not I still got to go on tour with Shawn.