one

The hallway erupted with phantom laughter and the scratched door to the girl's locker room hung open.

❝Hello?!❞, Autumn shouted, brushing her dark hair back from her face. Where the hell is my pin? She thought as she pushed aside the ajar door.

And coughed from the stench of the late night lacrosse team practice that she had just been at.

Lacrosse (and hot lacrosse players) had always been her passion - despite the endless torment she got from other girls for being the only female on the team.

The room filled with a sweet smelling mulberry purple vapor.

Autumn breathed it in before hastily stopping as a voice echoed through the locker room.

❝Autumn...❞, it whispered.

❝Mama. Mama, where are you?❞ I said turning wildly.

The door slammed loudly and Autumn turned worriedly, wondering how she would exit the locker room now.

A women with long midnight black hair that curled to her slim waist appeared in front of the red door, her green eyes shining with tears.

Autumn reached forward for her mother but she shook her head and she shrunk back a hurt look flashing over her face.

❝Run.❞ Autumn mother, Elizabeth mouthed and she melted into the darkness of the shadows.

Autumn blinked and looked down and saw her bare feet - she was wearing her pyjamas.

❝It's just a dream❞, Autumn murmed under breath and the locker room faded away until she was under the blinding lights off the lacrosse field - an unrecognizable man with blue glowing eyes and elongated teeth, like fangs, smiled eerily.

❝It's just a dream❞, Autumn said backing away, ❝Just a dream - so wake up. Wake up. WAKE UP AUTUMN!❞

Autumn fell out of the bed with a slam.

Gasping and sweating, she stood up and heard Lydia's muffled talking as she brushed her pearly whites in the attached bathroom, ❝Mornin'. God how long did you sleep for? Like ten hours.
Anyway get your ass dressed before my mom comes in here and blows her top off.❞

The alarm clock screamed in bright red letters - 8:02.

I groaned and sat up - refraining from telling Lydia about my dream - it only upset and worried her and Natalie her mother as I'd been living here for about six years.

I grinned at Lydia, it was getting easier and easier to hide my emotions, ❝Let's get ready then.❞

- short asf chapter, don't forget to comment, vote and follow. 20 views for the next chapter.