Peter and Steph

*5 years ago*

third person

Steph and Peter had always been really good friends. if you didnt know them you would think they were a couple because they were so close. They did basically everything together, they even double dated whenever they were dating someone new. 

One day Peter got into a relationship with a girl named Abby. Abby was one of the popular kids in school. It all started when Peter went on a date with her, without Steph. "hey Peter, do you want to hangout today?" steph asked excitedly after school. "oh well abby and i are actually going out on a date tonight, maybe another time." he said awkwardly. "what if i bring along someone and we can go on a double date?" steph suggested. "Normally i would say yes but abby doesnt want you to go." Peter said. Steph looked at him sadly before turning and beginning to walk away. Peter grabbed her arm and turned her back around. "look steph im sorry i really am, but i like this girl." He said apologetically. "okay i understand. Don't forget about me though" steph said with a small smile. Peter smiled back and released her arm. 

The next few days Peter continued to go on dates with abby without steph. Steph and Peter hadn't hung out in a long time and steph could feel that they were drifting apart. After a few weeks of dating abby Peter really changed. He rarely ever acknowledged Steph when he was around her. He acted as though they were never really friends. 

"hey Peter" steph said quietly when he sat next to her in class. "oh hey Steph." He replied smiling. "i was wondering if you wanted to hangout this weekend?" she asked hoping she could restore their friendship. "ya okay, i'll be over on saturday." he replied before class started. Steph smiled widely and was excited for the weekend.

Steph's P.O.V

*the weekend*

Peter and i are finaly going to hangout again! i thought to myself. It's only friday but it's so exciting. When Peter started dating abby i was okay with it because He and i were still talking. But when he started to ignore me and his whole world was all about abby, i began to get mad at him. This weekend is my chance to restore our friendship. I got my mom to get lots of chips and things for us to eat and movies.

Saturday morning i was up around 10 and i waited for Peter to show up. He hadn't given me a specific time, so i wasn't sure when to expect him. i walked around my house and did whatever would amuse me well i waited. I heard a knock on the door at 1 and i ran to open it. I was surprised when i saw it was only my neighbor. He was over to talk to my mom so i let him in and continued to wait. 

As the hours past i began to lose hope and by the end of the day Peter never showed. I was suddenly feeling very angry and i couldn't get to sleep. "how could he do this we have been friends since we were just babies and now he is basically deleting me from his life." i thought to myself as i lay still in bed. 

Peter's P.O.V

i woke up saturday morning with a feeling that i had something important to do. i wasn't sure what is was though. My phone was buzzing and i looked over to see abby was calling me. 

"hey babe" i said when i answered. "hey i was wondering if you wanted to come over today?" She asked. I thought for a moment before agreeing to come over. "i'll see you soon then." she said before hanging up.

We had a great time partying with friends at abby's house and i ended up staying at her house for the night.

Steph's P.O.V 

*monday*

I walked up to Peter and my hand immediately hit his face. "ow what the hell steph." he said holding his hand to his cheek. Luckily we were the only two around so no one saw. "don't what the hell me Peter, you deserved that after everything you have put me through." i stated. "what are you talking about?" he asked as though nothing had changed between us. "I'm talking about you and abby. before you guys started dating we were best friends, but the second you get the chance to date the popular girl in school, you went out of your way to seperate us. Then this weekend i thought maybe we could fix it and maybe things could go back to normal. But you didnt even show up, you didn't even call and tell me why." i yelled at him. He made an 'o' with his mouth and stood awkwardly for a moment. 

"well, i guess we aren't friends anymore then. if you can't handle the fact that i am in a relationship, then there is no point in us being friends." he replied and my heart clenched at his words. He wasn't even going to try and apologize. anger grew in me and i clenched my hands into fist but held back. "you are such an asshole Peter what the hell happened to you." i yelled in frustration. "i got a life" he yelled back at me. I turned and stormed off before i lost control. I was filled with anger and sadness all at once.

Peter's P.O.V

Crap that's what i was supposed to do. But why is she so mad it was one mistake, we were still friends nothing changed. I'm still the same guy i always was. maybe i did do something wrong. no you know what i didn't she's the one who changed not me. If she thinks were not friends anymore than why should we be. she is just jealous that i have a girlfriend.

"well, i guess we aren't friends anymore then. if you can't handle the fact that i am in a relationship, then there is no point in us being friends." i stated and i could see the pain in her eyes, but i didnt care. she brought it on herself. "you are such an asshole Peter what the hell happened to you." she yelled back at me. what happened to me? what happened to her? i thought to myself. "i got a life" i yelled right back at her. She just turned and stormed off without another word. I smirked then turned and walked off. 

Steph's P.O.V

ever since the day Peter and i fought, all he would do is laugh and make fun of me like we were never even friends. i got a new friend named kaitlyn and she became my best friend i only hoped she wouldn't do what Peter did.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was hoping this would be better than it is but oh well. So that's what happened to steph and peter. That's how alot of good friendships end. so make sure that doesnt happen between you and your best friend!!! i hope you enjoyed this though! and if you remembered steph and kaitlyn are still friends :)