Chapter Two

''My lord.'' I bow low as he enters the bridge, Starscream and Soundwave following suit. ''Your absence was duly noted, and we are more than joyous of your return.''

''I see that you haven't done MUCH in my absence.'' He sneers.

''Unfortunately, Lord Megatron, I will have to prove you wrong. Or rather, Commander Starscream will.'' I say, keeping my voice calm and soothing, subdued.

''Oh really?'' He raises an optic ridge.

Starscream nods. ''Yes, master.'' He says eagerly. ''We have hit a significant energon mine. Streaker, accompany Lord Megatron and I.''

'Safety in numbers. Clever mech.' I think, my optics flitting to Lord Megatron for confirmation.

''I give the orders around her, Starscream.'' He snaps, but beckons for me to follow them, leaving Soundwave at the bridge.

We travel down to the energon mine (which is indeed large), and I tune out Starscream as he brags to Megatron, knowing his words were a waste of breath. Well, if we breathed, then it would be. Technically, we don't need to, unless we catch a... ''fever,'' as the humans put it.

Ugh, nerd alert.

''You there, bring us a sample of energon!'' Starscream snaps to a miner, but then Megatron seethes, turning to him.

''I give the orders around here, Starscream!'' He snaps. ''Or are you too reluctant to hand over the command you have so obviously bestowed upon yourself?''

''My lord,'' I cut them off as soothingly as I can. ''surely after three years, you have found SOMETHING of worth to bring about your abrupt return.''

He sneers. ''Why yes, I DID find something.'' He pulls out a shard of... energon?

It was purple, and I could feel power pulsating from it. It felt... evil.

''Dark energon, the fabled blood of Unicron!'' He presents proudly, clutching it tightly in his servos, as if afraid someone would take it.

Knowing Starscream, I wouldn't have been surprised.

''I heard it had special properties,such as raising the dead.'' Starscream muses.

''Yes. Would you like to be a test subject?'' Megatron asks menacingly, Starscream quivering and putting his servos up.

''Eh-he. I don't think that will be necessary, Lord Megatron.'' He says nervously. ''We already have a... subject. Consider it a welcome home present.''

It was the bound body of Cliffjumper the Autobot, a gaping hole still in his chest, optics dead and gray.

''Another fruit of our busy labor.'' I add gently, knowing the less sarcastic I sounded, the less angry he would be at my remark.

He approaches the body, energon clutched tightly in servo. Standing behind the corpse (Starscream and I right behind him), he plunges the shard into Cliffjumper's chest plates, the energon seeming to melt into him.

At first, nothing happens, but then the body glows purple, jerking to life and thrashing viciously, making me take a step back in caution.

''So the tales are true.'' Megatron muses.

The body (zombie, Autobot, whatever) thrashes, tearing away its bonds and attacking the Vehicons. They shoot at it, but it shrugs off those attacks like they're nothing, dismantling them with mere ease.

''You resurrected an Autobot that is bent on killing us all!'' Starscream squeals.

''No. It is hardly anything at all, just a mindless beast that destroys anything in it's path.'' Megatron says calmly, and since he was not concerned, I should not either. I relax.