N I N E

"You ready to go?" Barry asked.

"As ready as I'll be." I stated.

"I can't help but say this, but you too Look like you are going on a date. I looked at Barry and his eyes widened, and he turned cherry red.

--

Barry and I are currently at some fancy place, we just arrived and some lady was showing us to our table. We sat down where we were suppose to.

"So, the first thing I wanted to talk to you about was.. your powers." Barry stated.

"What do you want to know about them?" I asked curiously.

"What exactly are your powers? Like what can you do?"

"Well, I can become animals. Like, ones I touch or have studied." I stated.

"Wow, that's pretty cool, actually. I was expecting something boring like controlling ice or fire or something like that."

"Well, our powers make us more of who we are don't they? I work for the animal shelter, I have a passion for animals. You got fast." I said.

"Yes, that's true.." he said, looking down at the table.

"What's wrong, Barry?" I asked.

"I really want things to be okay between us." He looked at me.

"I do too.. maybe we can, I don't know, forget about everything that's happened?" I asked.

"I would love that." He smiled widely.

"Hey, I have an idea." I said, he looked at me curiously. "Why don't we get out of here. I have something I want to show you."I stood up, Barry shortly after. We thanked the lady who served us, and we walked out.

"Where exactly are we going?" Barry said, and I smirked.

"Its a surprise." I said as we walked, catching a cab. I told them and address and we Sat quietly until we arrived. We stood in front of an abandoned building.

"Is this it?" He said pointing at it.

"No silly. Come on." I grabbed his hand and pulled him behind me as I walked. We went behind the house and into the woods in the back. We approached the creek, and above it was a huge rock. Which is where I sit and think. I ran to in and Sat down. Barry followed.

"This is where I come to think sometimes." I said, looking up at the stars.

"This is beautiful." He said, looking down.

"What's wrong now?" I asked.

"I have a confession.. and I really hope this won't make things more awkward between us.. Shaylea, I love you." Barry said.

"Awe, I love you to Barry." I said.

"When I first met you, I fell in love with you. When I found out you lied to me, it broke me. I just snapped and didn't know what to do. I used being the flash as a distraction. I can't run from this anymore, I can't lie anymore. Shaylea, I love you. Not as friends, But something much bigger than that.." Barry confessed.

I finally realized what he was saying. I sat in shock, tears were rolling down my cheeks. I didn't know what I was suppose to do.

"I-I-" I started but Barry interrupted.

"You don't have to say anything. I just wanted you to know." He looked at me.

Barry put one hand on the side of my face, it felt nice. He leaned in, and our lips locked. I immediately kissed back. I put my arms around his neck, and he put one hand around my waist. I had waited for this a long time. I pulled away.