Ella

«« One Year Later »»
My thoughts went back to my torture constantly. My thoughts went to HIM constantly. My father was happy I was alive, but he was busy with his new family and I didn't spend much time with him. I lived with Aaron. Over time Aaron got me to stop calling him Detective Aaron even though he loved the sound of it. After maybe four months of living together we finally kissed. We fell in love, and now we're a couple. Richelle and I are friends again. Her boyfriend and her got married actually. I was not the maid of honor, but that's okay. I wouldn't expect to be. Thanks to Caesar.

I made a bowl of cereal for Aaron. He had work today, and I usually went to work with him. He's afraid to lose me. He walked into the kitchen area and appeared behind me. His strong arms wrapped around me possessively. I wiggled in his embrace until I was turned around with my face in his chest and I wrapped my arms around him.

"There's support group tonight." He reminded me. I go to a support group every Tuesday night, it's a survivors group. He usually comes with me.

"Kay thanks." I replied my rough voice mixed with morning voice.

"You sure you wanna do this?" He asked me. I knew what he was talking about, I wanted to get a job to help pay his rent but he didn't want me out of his sight. So I decided I'd be the person who brings food to prisoners. It didn't seem that hard and it wasn't. I take the food to the cell and slide it through the bars. Easy peasy.

"Positive." I mean sure it doesn't pay super well, but this way we're both happy. We're together and I can help pay rent.

"I love you." He whispers into the top of my head.

"Love you too." I reply happily.

We finished eating and head out to the station. When we arrived Jenelle gave me a little wave. She was the sweetest human being I'd ever met. I went into the food area and saw Quinn. She's the lady who makes the food. She looks mean and scary but she's super nice. Maybe it's because she knows what I've been through because everyone else says she's a horrible lady. She waves me over and hands me a huge thing of food trays.

"There's a cell number on each tray, just slide it under the bars and don't make conversation. Be safe." She told me. She smiled as I walked away and I went to the first cell. There was a girl who was maybe 18 in there and she looked miserable. I slid the tray under the bars and she peeped a quiet thank you. As I continued to deliver trays I was about to enter the serious crimes ward. Where murderers and kidnappers stay. This is where Caesar is. I turn to see someone running towards me. I panic and back up into the wall. The figure gets closer and closer and then I see their facial figures. It's just Aaron. He realized he frightened me and embraced me.

"There's a robbery in progress. I gotta go, stay here and be safe. I'll be back soon." He assured me. It always scared me when he left because I'm always afraid he'll die.

I enter the serious ward and give food to the prisoners. I stare at the last cell in front of me, I've been here before. I slide the food under the cell and run for it. I'm not in the mood to see C right now.

"Ella." A familiar voice called after me, I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to see Caesar staring wide eyed at me.

Oh boy...