Prologue (and Announcements)

May 2015

SHIELD FACILITY [DETAILS OF LOCATION CLASSIFIED]

"You want a superhero B-team?"

The haughty and cutting tone of one Natasha Romanoff silenced the uncomfortable-looking agent sitting across from her. He squirmed in his seat and seemed entirely unable to maintain eye-contact for longer than three seconds.

"Well -- yes, I do."

"Why?" Captain America interfered, his voice just as steely, but much less cynical.

Agent Alex Segura took a deep breath to compose himself before continuing. "Because Ultron almost became too powerful -- because one threat made the Avengers' numbers drop from six to two in less than a week."

"Then back up to six only days later!" Black Widow defended the remnants of her team. "They're part of the team, ready to train!"

"Exactly!" Segura half shouted in triumph, his eyes flashing. He cleared his throat, realizing his place a moment later, a blush creeping onto his cheeks as the two Avengers stared. "Ready to train," he said meekly. "'Ready to train.' Not fight or save the world; train. Our 'B-team' would be ready by the time the world needs them. This would not be a team randomly thrown together. It'd be organized, capable, ready."

His eyes flicked back and forth from Romanoff to Rogers. "Heroes can't last forever. Nothing can. All we can do is make sure we're prepared for that."

"And we would train them?" Rogers asked, gazing down at the table. His voice had changed from skeptical to neutral, so the agent figured progress had been made.

"Yes. With the help of fellow S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, of course. Or ex-agents, anyway."

A silent and thoughtful nod came as the only reply, the two heroes looking at each other for a long moment. Something passed between them just as a smile twitched onto Rogers' face. Romanoff glared at him for a brief second, then turned back to Segura, her expression still disapproving.

"Well, if we're really not invincible, then I guess there's no choice, is there?"

"It'd be like us, Nat, except coordinated." Cap smiled.

"So not like us at all?" she wondered. "More Avengers. What could go wrong?"

A/N-

Hi! It's Jordie () here! 

Odds are, if you just read this classified information, you have enough SHIELD clearance to read the file description. So, you know what exactly is going on. The Avengers need a new team, one shiny and polished, all ready to save the world and kiss babies... Just as Marvel_Grl and I need FOUR other co-writers to help us out. This is a new, hopefully good idea that requires 18!!! new characters and a whole lot of coordination. This is a brilliant, wonderful adventure just waiting for you to sign on...

We have a résumé coming soon, just so we can get to know our potential co-writers before choosing them. Please, ask questions or see our profile for more details! I know that I am very excited and I hope the same can be said for Marvel_Grl. Tell your friends!

Now a word from my fantabulous co-writer...

Heyo Marvelites! It's me, @Marvel_Grl, Jordie's awesome co-writer ;) This is a pretty big project, but I'm super excited to UNLEASH ALL OF ITS POTENTIAL!! However, we still need co-writers and we're on the lookout for some amazing talents out there! If you're a Marvel fan that is craving something new and fresh, this is the project for you. If you're just interested in the book and not writing, that's ok! Just follow this joint account @TheNewAvengers and the individual co-writers (that's Jordie and me) to stay updated on all the release dates and news! Thanks for reading this and we hope you stay on for this terrific ride of a story :3

~ Marvel_Grl