16

POV: Taehyung
I dashed over Jimin, who was standing by the ambulance, talking to one of the nurses that were there.

"Jimin! Jimin, what happened?" I asked her, grabbing her shoulders. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she tried to speak, opening and closing her mouth many times. "I... what happened? Snap out of it, Jimin, tell me!" I shrieked, shaking her shoulders as she stood frozen.

"They're... they're going to see if he's okay...." she mumbled, as I wiped her tears, gently. "J... Jin, Jin will be okay, won't he?"

I pulled her in for a hug, whispering in her ear. "Everything will be alright, Jimin, okay? Shh, don't cry, I got you, I got you," I mewled softy, as she let out her anger and sadness. "It's going to be okay... think positive, okay? Jin wouldn't want you to be sad."

I kept reassuring her that everything would be okay, and that I would take care of her for the time being, because I thought that Jin would be okay.

I thought.

I let her into my house, letting her sit down on the sofa to calm herself down. "He's going to be okay... he's going to be fine..." she kept muttering, rocking back and forth, her eyes glued to the carpet.

I stroked her hair gently, making her yawn. "Shh, Jimin, it'll be okay, I promise you," she stretched her arms, closing her eyes.

I couldn't exactly keep that particular promise to her.

"Jin," she mumbled softly in her sleep. "I love you... no, please, don't... leave me ... please..." she spoke, her facial expression changing from happy to sad in an instant. "Please..." she begged.

I gently carried her over to the guest room, making sure that she was feeling comfortable.

"You've been through a lot today, Jimin, and I know how tough it is for you, so you have to rest now," I whispered gently, tucking in the bedsheets for her and dimming the lights slowly.

I knew that I had to stay strong for Jimin, because if I didn't, then nobody else would. She knew well that I was feeling just as upset as her, but I had to be the one that she could turn to today.

I fell asleep on the couch in my living rooms, not bothering to go upstairs to my room. In the end, sleep is just sleep, no matter where you decide to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of glass smashing onto the floor, followed by a ear- piercing shriek and a muffled cry.

"Jimin!" I shouted, turning on the lights as I stumbled into the kitchen. "Jimin, are you okay?!" I had to blink several times to be able to see everything properly.

Glass and blood was everywhere. She had dropped a plate, some pieces even cutting her skin.

"Jimin...." I grabbed her hand, seeing a little piece deep into her wrist. "What did you do...?"

"I... I don't know!" she cried out. I looked at the time. It was 3:49AM. "I-I...I'm sorry, Taehyung, I'll replace your plate..." she whispered.

"What were you doing so early?" I asked her, looking for a mop and some newspaper to clean up the mess on the floor. "The first aid kit is upstairs, Jimin, in the bathroom cabinet, right above the sink, okay? Go wash the cuts."

"But... th-the mess I made... I'm sorry, I'll clean everything myself," she muttered, taking the mop from me. I shook my head, taking it back, insisting that I would do it for her; she was my guest, after all.

"Just clean your cuts, okay? Your health is the most important thing right now, and I don't want another friend ending up in hospital!" I swept the floor, gathering up all of the little, shattered pieces of glass.

She's going to end up going mental over Jin if I don't watch out.