"Will You Hear Me?" Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

I slammed the door shut behind me. I was back stage. It felt like I had been running for hours with my hard breathing and such. My head spun as I tried to make it to one of the chairs near the dressing rooms. What could I do know? I couldn't go back... I would get caught. But if I went back outside I would also get caught! I stood up quickly, to fast to think, and ran into the darkness of the theatre seats. The pitch blackness around me felt like I was blind. I couldn't turn the lights on, or Raoul would most likely find where I was. I got on my knees and started to crawl toward the doors. Yet something didn't feel right... Then BAM! Raoul barged in from the red theater doors. I gasped for air a little, and leaned my back against the wall. I closed my eyes and thought to myself, "if Erik were here, he would help.... He really would" I repeated the thought over and over again and put my head in my hands. I heard Raoul's angry footsteps down the aisle and I froze. I tried to think that everything would be alright, but I was only lying to myself. As he put his fist up, I breathed hard and started to cry. "Please! Raoul don't hurt me!! I loved you!! I really did! Don't kill me!... Please!" And sure enough, guess who walked in. Erik.