CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE                          

My name is Ben Parker and this is how I became an assassin.

It all started on October 20th 2013 when I was sitting at home with my Mum and Dad.

My mother was sitting on the couch, crossed legged working through some court papers of hers, whilst my Dad was writting some things down on his piece of paper.

Probably for work, I thought.

See, my mum was a lawyer and my Dad was an accountant. 

I, on the other hand was sitting quite peacefully on my laptop going through my newsfeed on FaceBook.                                                                                                                                     Now I'm not one for social media, but every now and again I decide to check what's going on in the world.  

You know, just in case anything major happens.

As I was slowly scrolling down my news feed, I heard something on the stairs.                                    I didn't care and just kept scrolling, not even bothering to look up as my Dad went up to get his laptop.

I then heard a peircing scream, which caused me and my mother to look at each other.

It was loud and a tad girly, but I knew it was my Dad, and I knew something was up.

I got out of my chair and went to the door, looking at the stairs and saw my dad fly down the stairs onto the floor in a heap of blood that flowed into the carpet.                                                                        

I stood shoked and choked at the sight, calling for my mother.                                                         She came rushing and kept asking on the way what was wrong.                                                         I just kept quiet and crouched down beside my Dad, waiting for her to show up.

"Oh my God," She gasped at the bloody sight before her.

I stood paralized to the spot, I didn't think I could move, much less say anything.

She ran and crouched beside him as well, cursing as she went, probably wishing she took that nursing course my Grandma had suggested years ago.

"Ben, get me some cloth or something," She commanded. I did as she asked.

I ran to the kitchen, which was right in fromt of the living room. checking all of the cupborads and the sinks, running hectically through the small space, trying to find something that would be of help.

"Check the bottom shelf, the one underneath the sink." My mother suggested, and I did so.

After a while, I found it, and ran back to my mother.

"Is he alright?" I asked, barely managing to say it.                                                                             I dreaded the answer, because I could see the blood oozing from his chest and into his shirt, I could see the bruises on his head, and on his back, and I could still oh so faintly hear the crack as he landed on the floor, his blood consuming the carpets and becoming a red sea around him, drowning him even, maybe.

She sighed. "I don't know, Ben. Let me just get him cleaned up and then call the paramedics, that sound good?" She asked, comfortingly.

I nooded.  

Although I didn't like the idea of keeping him here, my mum knew what she was doing.

I helped check his breathing, which was slowing down by the minute, we both knew he would be a goner soon, so we called the ambulance.

My mother asked me if I wanted to go, but I said no, I didn't want to be there when they said it, I know, he could live, but the pit in my stomach said otherwise.

My mother hugged me hard before she went, telling me it was going to be okay.                                 I know she was trying to hide the doubt behind her eyes, but she failed.

I then shut the door behind her and I covered my hands in my head, thinking about all the events.

I opened my eyes quickly, as the realisation dawned on me.                                                           

I jumped up, and went over to the big, red stain that covered the floor, I looked up the stairs, and walked up them, looking down at the steps as I walked by, landing on the one my father must have stepped on.

I looked up and there he was.

No, it can't be he just...

I blinked several times before realising the guy in front of me was indeed very real, and indeed very much alive.

Did this guy, who looks exactly like my Dad, may I add (I mean, he even has the pimple on the right cheek), kill my Dad?

"Hello, son." He said, smiling.

Well, that was my first chapter, and I would also like to say thanks to my lovely sister, (@randomgirl284),  who edited it for me :)

You guys should go check her out and stuff, because she's my sister.

And she's very awesome :P 

But that's all folks, until the next time :)