Chapter One

10 months later...

I was coming home from college and it was my last day, although I should have been feeling happy and relieved I felt low - perhaps it's to do with the weather. I was cutting through the alley ways, which is my usual way to go home, I had my hood up and my earphones in so I didn't hear him when he Snuck up behind me... "Hello again," he said casually, with a sly smirk on his face. Although it was incredibly cute and it had me blushing on a sly, it infuriated me, he didn't understand that I didn't want to see him for the time being. I scrunched up my face and walked right past him, hoping he would understand my vibe, but he followed behind me then grabbed my wrist - pulling me centimetres away from him. "Can we at least talk about it?" I looked him in the eye and breathed slowly as I backed away from him. He was getting angry so I quickly shook my head and ran down the alley as fast as I could.

I got home out of breath, it annoyed me that I was still scared of him even after everything I escaped from, and I looked in the mirror as I took of my hood and earphones. When I dragged myself to my bedroom I looked at my iPod for any notifications, after I checked it all I stripped and had quick shower and did my hygiene thing. I dressed into my blue sweatpants and white tank top then tied my hair into a messy bun then I turned on the TV and watched SpongeBob. I decided I would start my new job straight away to avoid him and so I don't just lie around, so I called Jacob and told him, he sounded thrilled and he thanked me.

I was asleep until I heard a bang on my door; I straight away knew it was him so I tried to ignore it but the longer I ignored the harder he banged and called out my name. I opened the door hesitantly and politely asked him what he wanted. "I need to speak with you..." He's words were slurred and I could smell the distant smell of alcohol escaping his mouth. "Please Meagan..." He said softly, I knew if I let him in it would be a mistake because he was not good company when he was drunk, but if I let him wait outside he could do something he would regret.

"I'm not letting you in," I said nervously, he didn't seem to hear me because he had the same expression on his face, he asked me to talk to him again. "Give me a minute." I shut my door with him still standing outside and put my shoes on. I grabbed my house keys then opened the door and stood next to him

"Thank you," he whispered

"Don't thank me yet." I replied, emotionless

"You know I still love you, I didn't mean to hurt you-"

"Do you mean when you cheated on me, or when you hit me?" I said, annoyed

"Both... I was drinking-"

"Like you have been now?" I snapped he glared at him and clinched his jaw; I became scared and put my head down. He lifted my chin, and I flinched because I wasn't expecting gentle contact from him, he looked at me softly then crushed his lips into mine. I almost gave in, I almost kissed him back for lust was taking over me, but then I remembered what he put me through and roughly pulled away from him. He looked livid so I quickly put my key through the door and got inside, I managed to get in but as I was shutting my door he blocked it with his foot.

"I know you still love me Meagan!"

"Leave me alone!"

"Just forgive me!" He screamed roughly

"I can't! I do still love you, but I won't forgive you and that's why I can't be with you!" As soon as he acknowledged what I had said he moved his foot and I shut my door. I waited until he left and then I slid floor and bursted into tears. "Why can't I just stop loving you Diggy?" I whispered to myself through my tears and held onto my knees. My day had definitely been depressing.

***

I woke up the next day feeling empty, I dragged myself out of bed and prepared for my first day at my new job, after I did my hygiene thing I dressed in a cream blouse with a black bow tie and my leather leggings, I then tied my hair in a tight bun and put on some eyeliner & lip gloss then left my house. I put my earphones and listened to Let Nas Down by j. Cole. I arrived at the place half an hour later and introduced myself to the lady at the reception; she was caramel skinned and had really curly hair, she wore a black outfit that showed off her figure, when she heard me introducing myself she glanced at me then scoffed - turning her back on me. I was left confused and I stood there looking like an idiot, I heard a snigger behind me so I turned and faced a toffee skin guy with a grin on his face which showed of his dimples. He wore a black vest top which showed his chest and complimented his muscles, also he had Armani jeans on, and he looked good. He noticed me looking at him and he winked at me; I felt my cheeks get hot and whipped my head back around to the girl.