Part Five

As Lauren stands in the middle of her living room, surrounded by people she isn't even sure she knows, the only thing that goes trough her mind is that she regrets it.

She regrets agreeing with Dinah and she regrets even more letting her roommate take control of the situation. Yes, maybe their apartment wasn't actually that small, but it sure as hell wasn't big enough for the magnitude of this party. She wonders why in the freaking hell had she even listened to her roommate in the first place.

It's not like Lauren doesn't like parties – even more new year's parties, those are especially great, with the fireworks and stuff – she really likes them. But right now, she's being reminded exactly why she's the type of person to attend parties rather than the type to host them. There were always more people than you actually intended there to be, they always got out of control as the night progressed and the alcohol consumption grew, and she's almost sure that her bathroom smells like weed even though she's pretty damn sure that she doesn't harvest anything there.

She doesn't recognize half the faces that walk by and she's really struggling to understand how she agreed with all of this. But then her eyes fall on a small girl with brown hair and the eyes to match, who is throwing her head back in laughter at what the girl she's talking to said and she's quickly reminded on how she's in this position right now.

"Come on, Laur," Camila had said. "It's just a small new year's party, call it a gathering even. I'd throw it myself but you know I still live in the campus' dorm." The small girl then proceeded to give Lauren those puppy dog eyes and Lauren was a goner.

The green eyed artist could blame Camila for being in this position, since it was her comment that broke through – and that was also the only time Camila ever meddled into the matter, might it be add – but the idea first came from Dinah Jane and it was Dinah Jane who pushed the artist until she gave in. So this was still Dinah Jane's fault.

Lauren doesn't realize her gaze is still focused on Camila until the smaller girl senses someone's eyes on her and her own gaze drift away from her friend, Ashlee, to meet emerald ones. Camila shoots her green eyed friend a smile and pokes out her tongue playfully, watching the raven haired girl laugh at her, slightly shaking her head, then her focus is back on the story Ashlee is sharing.

Things have certainly been... interesting (for lack of a better word), since Camila officially entered Lauren's life after the night of the girl's break up.

After that night, the brown eyed girl ended up spending a lot of her free time with Dinah – who was full on supportive best friend mode, set on getting Camila through her break up – and consequently, with Lauren, whenever the green eyed artist happened to be home as well.

When Camila hung out on their apartment, things usually got real entertaining real fast. Her dynamic with her Polynesian friend was actually one of the most sisterly things Lauren's ever witnessed, at times they'd both be chilling on the couch watching some show when one of them made a random comment, which started an endless banter that sometimes ended with one of them pinned down against some surface of the house while the other forced them to admit they were right (Camila was always, most likely than not, the one being pinned down).

Other times they would do impromptu karaoke parties, which Lauren always ended up participating on as well, somehow.

Then there were the times when they'd both get in trouble together, like the time when they decided to cook, or that other time they worked on a prank together – which involved balloons and a lot of whipped cream, and resulted on a very pissed Lauren. She still wouldn't change a thing though, even if she would never admit that to those two idiots.