Chapter Two

Lizzy gleefully shut the door as the last mover walked out of the room. Turning around, she grinned maniacally at all of the boxes scattered throughout her new flat. Plopping in front of the closest box, she began peeling the tape off. She got it halfway off before she fell asleep.

What woke her up, was a gunshot. With a yelp she jumped to her feet. A tug on her hand stopped her from getting to the door and she looked down at the tape that had somehow wrapped all the way around her hand. It took only a sharp tug for it to come free and another gunshot rang out, making her jump.

She flung open the door of her apartment... flat and flew up the stairs. She stopped in front of Mrs. Hudson's door, and another gunshot sounded out, accompanied by a voice yelling, "BORED!"

Creeping up towards the other apar- flat, she listened carefully. Realizing she didn't have anything to defend herself with, Lizzy paled slightly. Suddenly, she heard Mrs. Hudson voice;

"YOUNG MAN, YOU HAD BETTER STOP SHOOTING MY WALL THIS INSTANT! I don't care if you're bored! THIS IS COMING OUT OF YOUR RENT!"

The door opened and Mrs. Hudson came out in a flurry. She saw Lizzy and said, "Oh, Lizzy dear... I'm so sorry about him!" She shook her head. "That man..." Mrs. Hudson bustled into her flat, leaving a very confused Lizzy in her wake. Just as she closed the door, there was another gunshot and Lizzy heard Mrs. Hudson groan in annoyance behind her door.

Creeping closer to the now rather formidable 221B, Lizzy strained her ears even further to catch what was being said (if anything). A male voice (she didn't think it was the one who claimed to be 'bored') was saying, "We just got back from a case twenty minutes ago!"

A deep voice said in an almost whining tone, "I don't care John! I-" here, Lizzy supposed it was Sherlock, fired another shot, "Am-" And another, "BORED!" Two more. Summoning up her courage (her curiosity is what made it possible) Lizzy was raising her hand to knock when John spoke again, "That's it! I'm going out."

And before she knew it, she was face to face with a cuddly looking blond man, just a little shorter than she was.

They stood there for several minutes, just staring at each other, when the man managed to do what she was still trying desperately to.

"Uh... hi?"

Lizzy shook herself and managed a smile, "Hi..."

A few more moments of awkward silence passed when the man shifted a little and said, "Uh.. who are you? Exactly?"

The voice that had been complaining of boredom called out, "Don't be silly John, it's our new neighbor."

John's eyes widened and Lizzy peered over his shoulder, trying to see the other person. "New.. neighbor? I didn't know..."

Lizzy snapped out of her half haze and smiled a little, "That's because I just moved in... I'm Lizzy." She held out her hand, smile still there.

"Uh... John, John Watson." John shook her hand, and Lizzy's smile turned relieved. "I would offer you tea... but my flatmate will probably scare you away..."

"Oh... that's alright." Lizzy attempted to peer over his should again. "He sounds quite interesting. Sherlock, isn't it?"

"I find your accent annoying!"

"Shut up Sherlock!"

Lizzy tried not to laugh. They acted like an old married couple.

"Well... if you're sure.." John still looked doubtful.

Lizzy shrugged. "If you're not comfortable-"

"Oh for god's sake, make up your minds!"

John clenched his fists. Lizzy, feeling sympathetic towards the poor man, said, "Why don't you come down to my apartment?"

"Flat!"

"Shut up, Sherlock!" John yelled.

"Ahem... As I was saying, it's pretty messy, but I'm pretty sure I know where the teapot is."

"Kettle!"

"Shut UP, Sherlock!" John yelled again, returning his positively mortified gaze back to Lizzy ."Yeah... That's probably a better can meet him later." He jerked a thumb over his shoulder. He suddenly stop and his forehead wrinkled in confusion, "Why do you have tape wrapped around you hand?"

Lizzy looked down at the tape and back up to John, blushing as she opened her mouth to answer, but Sherlock beat her to it;

"She was unpacking! Honestly John, I was under the impression you had some semblance of a brain!"

John's eyes widened in a look of rather comic fury and he turned around and bellowed, "I SAID SHUT UP!" He turned back to Lizzy, "I am sooo sorry..."

Lizzy giggled and backed away from the door to let John by as she unwrapped the tape from her hand. "It's alright."

As they walked down the stairs, John asked, "So, where are you from, exactly?"

"America. More specifically, Washington state."

"Wow, you came a long way. Why'd you decide to come here?"

By now they were in her living room, picking their way through her various boxes towards the kitchen. Lizzy shrugged, "I guess, I just wanted to see things, and this is kind of a good place to start?"

John nodded and almost ran into Lizzy when she stopped.

"I think the teap- kettle is in this box..." She began rummaging through said box and John felt is temper go up a little.

"I really am sorry about my git of a flat mate... He has absolutely no social decorum whatsoever," John mumbled.

"Oh... that's quite alright- go ahead and sit down- One of my friends was a little like that, so it's nothing new, really."

John chuckled. "What little you heard him say, was probably a one on the scale of his rudeness."

Lizzy paused, "Oh dear..."

John continued chuckling, "It's worse when it gets above ten."

They were both laughing now. Lizzy finished making the tea and handed the cup to John. She thought she saw him wrinkle his nose a bit out of the corner of her eye, but decided she was mistaken.

After a few minutes of chatting, another gunshot rang out and they both jumped. John's head thudded onto the table and stayed there for a few seconds, before he got up and said, "Give me a few minutes, pleased."

"Um... ok?"

Lizzy heard the door to her flat close, and she hoped that their little domestic wouldn't last long. She yawned and stretched her arms up into the air (the nap next to the box hadn't really been very refreshing). She had had a tiring past few days, several hours had been spent getting new furniture, and arranging her few boxes of belongings to be moved here. Then she had had to get food, which had been a whole other ordeal.

Looking at her cup, she said morosely, "How long do you think it's going to take me to get all my things unpacked? I'm just so tired..."

At this moment, John walked back into the kitchen, looking pleased with himself.

"Is that a gun?"

John looked down at the weapon in his hands, "What? Oh.. oh.. yeah. Sorry. Had to get it away from the idiot before he broke something."

Lizzy giggled again.

"He's a bit like a five year old." John gestured to the apart- flat above them. "And the gun is a bit like the ball said five-year-old isn't allowed to throw in the house."

Lizzy was doubled over in giggles by this point, and John soon joined in.

After a good half-hour of chatting, Lizzy and John were becoming fast friends. Lizzy had learned that John was a doctor, and that Sherlock was a consulting detective. Apparently, they solved cases together.

Noticing that Lizzy was looking a little tired, John said that he should probably go. She didn't protest much, and after exchanging goodbyes, she barely made it to her couch before she was asleep.

A/N: Tell me what you think, friendos! Am I keeping them in character? Is it interesting? Don't forget to vote, etc., it makes my day! :D