HOME

I was a young dog in a cold wet hole I did not have a mother or father I was alone.

Chapter 1: My Name is Dog

My life in the woods is hard no one to take care of me this was my only place I can go to when I'm in danger small enough for me and no other creatures when I had a mother and father they would protect me but one day a black bear came toward near our den mother and father lunged out and attacked when I saw them fall to the ground I knew something was wrong I went to look then I jumped back into the den with my claws I was in fear I took a swipe the bear roared in pain then he came in farther the den broke I went out like a cheetah running for my life I found a hole in a tree and got inside the bear gave up later when he was gone I went to my damaged den I thought I was born there that is where I can be safe this now told me that I had to find a new home it was thunder in the sky I went back to the tree hole until it was over and went to sleep for the day I get breakfast.

Chapter 2: A new greeting

I woke up with a yawn I thought it was a dream but it was actually a nightmare but a real nightmare that I could see I saw a wolf staring at me with his yellow eyes he signals me to follow him he takes me to a river he bends down his neck and catches a fish I try but keep getting slapped in the face he dives his head in once more and pulled out a fish then lays it in front of me and runs I try to keep up he is at a native village giving the fish to his master they put it on fire and cook it I took my fish over and laid it on the fire at night time when the fire was cooling down it was just right as I picked it off the stove I saw a rabbit heading in the hole that I was going to sleep in I knew he could be small enough to share so I ate my fish once I was full I walked back to the hole snuggled with the bunny and settled down for a good night sleep.

Chapter 3 A new friend

Morning struck up in the hole with a glimpse of the sunlight the bunny was already gone and I did some stretching I noticed the wolf was waiting for me again I think he wanted to be my friend or was thinking I couldn't survive out here with out tips but I followed him and we passed the river and he sat down when I looked in His direction and we spotted a deer he sneaks up I stay behind him and watch he jumped and bit the deer in the rear end and the deer fell to the floor I thought what a great catch I watch him go to his master in one hour he brought me a deer rib and a leg I decided to eat half of the rib and have the other half for breakfast.

Chapter 4 lightning

Crows cawing I knew it had to be morning but I didn't care except the wolf was waiting for me I could just feel it and there he was I got up stretched out my legs and went to the wolf and followed him we were at a rabbit's hole he caught 5 he cooked them at the native village  he gave me one rabbit and kept the rest I decided to save food but ate one leg then put the rest In a hole got snuggled in closed my eyes and went to sleep BANG it was lightning the wolf ran he ran into my cave I let him stay I thought his canine nose would find my rabbit but he didn't so I got cozy with him and fell asleep and we were sleeping until the thunder stops and the sun stroke to tell us it was morning.

Chapter 5 Fishing

The thunder storm had stopped and the forest was destroyed the wolf just got up I met him outside the tree hole he took me to the river again he bent down his neck I do the same and I pull out a fish for the first time he nudged me in the shoulder which told me there you go pal he walked to the village gave the fish to his master the master cooked it in the evening I walked over placed my fish on the fire as it was cooling and returned to the tree hole I put the food in the hole I ate another piece of the rabbit and saved the rest because my instincts told me that winter is coming soon so I went to the river caught five more fish and cooked them brought them back to the tree hole and stored it in the hole with the other saved food snuggled myself in and slowly closed my eyes and went to sleep.