Saying Bye to the Player

Dedicated to xThePineappleGirlx for writing such an amazing story and for giving writers a chance with this one shot competition.

*****

Dear Melody,

I love you. I love you. I love you.

Remember that.

You may or may not know about what has happened. Maybe they gave the letter to you for me to tell you, or maybe you already know. I'll tell you nevertheless.

I gave myself to save you. Yes your cancer was incurable. But your organs? They were replaceable. All good things come with a cost they say, and they're right. The cost of the organs would be a life.

A donation would be needed in order for the organs that you needed to live to be given. However, without the organs, the person donating the organs would die.

I gave myself up Melody.

For you.

It's true, love is a gift and a curse. One which I want you to break free of. Go live your life and do what you aspired to do. Live your life, love your life and go for your dreams.

Don't wait for me because I'm not to come. It's unfortunate that life had to play out this way but what's done is done. Don't mourn, scream or cry. Don't blame yourself cupcake, what happened was of my choice and not of your fault.

Time is a virtue Melody, as is life. When we were both alive and well, we never appreciated the life given to us. It's moments like this that make you truly think about the worth of a life, of your life, and make you feel so truly grateful for being able to possess it. To be able to smile and take in the world.

To be able to live.

To be able to love.

I want you to do the things that we wished to do together. Live an amazing life - for the both of us. I want you to know that I love you. And had I been able to live for a little while longer, I would have told you that. I would have showed you that. But our time has come to an end.

Forget me Melody and fall in love. Be happy and do what you must do. I'll protect you from the heavens and I'll be there in your heart. I'll live and flourish in spirit, in yours.

Anytime that you're sad, just eat a cupcake and think of me.

Make me proud my beautiful cupcake.

Forever lasting love,
Tyson x