Chapter 6: Meet Chloe, Paris and Aubrey

The rest of the journey was rather long and tiring. Although, both Westbury Train Station and Wiltshire School of Fine Arts were located in Wiltshire, they had a handsome amount of distance between them. To get to the school, you had to travel to the other side of town. The journey had an estimate of three to four hours. We passed through the countryside. Hills of luscious, green grass rolled by. Several horses and cattle could be seen grazing here and there in the pastures (There were several ranches and farms in the area).

I spent most of the afternoon talking with Chloe and her friends. I know you must be wondering why I referred to Paris and Aubrey as being Chloe's friends and not mine. The truth is, Paris, Aubrey and I still had to accept each other. We weren't exactly on friendly terms, in the sense that, we weren't all like
hey-lets-be-BFFs. Yeah, no. The only place that would actually happen would be in an alternate reality not in the place we call Planet Earth. Paris, Aubrey and I still had to get to know each other in order to form that bond we call friendship. Here's the deal, see, Chloe and Paris are BFFs. They have the same preferences and dislike the same things. They're like two peas in a pod. Aubrey, on the other hand, is a loner. She isn't very sociable and doesn't seem the type to just walk up to people and be all friendly and talk about ponies and unicorns and rainbows. She's the emo in the group. She's that crazed fan desperately waiting for another reunion of MCR. I know you're also, probably wondering how is it that Paris didn't accept me into the group, the way Chloe did? Which brings me to my second point, Chloe Edmond. She's the outgoing type. Kind, loving and friendly, Chloe is obsessed with unicorns and cupcakes and rainbows and....well, you get the idea. She loves and sees all the good things in life. None of the bad. Cause that's just what Chloe does. She brings the element of optisim to their trio- always seeing the bright side.
Paris, however, is slightly different. Sure, she's polite and friendly but she isn't as outgoing as Chloe. She has the same view as Audrey when it comes to making new friends, just that Aubrey's more hardcore. Those two, are very cautious with who they allow in their inner circles. They have to give you the full three sixty before they decide whether or not you're worthy enough and more importantly, as I like to believe, trustworthy. Extra precautions, lovely.

Chloe and I talked the entire journey. It was as though we were old pals. I seemed so at ease around Chloe. She genuinely seemed to want to know me for me- Summer! Not because I was the rich daughter of some rich CEO of the World Bank. I liked that. No one, not even my friends at my old school, had done that. Okay, rephrase. They didn't do that at first. They were more interested in their popularity rankings at the time. They warmed to me as a person, later on in the semester. But, as it was my first school experience, I didn't know better (I had been homeschooled for most of my early education). Chloe, all of a sudden, became special to me; because Chloe was just that type of person. She doesn't change who she is for people and she doesn't make people change who they are for her. She is very comfortable with who she is as a person and encourages others to do the same. I guess that's how Aubrey became her friend. Speaking of which, Chloe warmed to me instantly but I could tell that Paris was holding back and Aubrey was giving me the evil eye. I had the feeling this was going to be harder than I thought. I would have to prove myself to both Paris and Aubrey.

Time flew by, and before we knew it, the hour of four was fast approaching. Any minute now, we would be pulling into Bedwyn Train Station. Sure enough, a voice echoed through the train: "We will be reaching Bedwyn Train Station in five minutes' time. Please leave your lugguage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately. My stomach lurched with nerves. Chloe gave me a bright smile which I reciprocated by nodding to acknowledge her. We joined the crowd thronging the corridor and were followed by Paris and Aubrey. The train slowed right down and finally stopped. People pushed their way towards the door and out onto a tiny platform.

Bedwyn Train Station was needless to say, in much better condition than the Westbury Train Station. It was newly refurbished and well kept. After all, this was the more renowned part of Wiltshire. This was the area where all the elites lived. Like Westbury, Bedwyn Train Station was a rather busy place. For miles around, one could see people in suits with briefcases talking rapidly on their phones. It was a place of business and commerce. Most people travelled via the trains at the station to go on business trips or executive meetings if not via their own vehicles.

Somewhere at the end of the station, could be seen several buses waiting to take us to the school. I climbed into one and was followed by Chloe, Paris and reluctantly, Aubrey. The journey from there was quite short compared to the journey via the Wiltshire Express. In an hour's time, we were filing out of the buses along with the other students, all of whom had changed into their uniforms. Most of them had changed on the train, including Paris and I.
"Look, Summer!" said Chloe. I followed her gaze and got my first glimpse of the school.