Chapter 13

Stephanie's P.O.V.

Caleb calls me from downstairs and tells me that he just finished packing everything up in the car. Bella and Zach just left some hours ago to their honeymoon and Caleb decided to go today back to Los Angeles.

I tried to make him stay for some more days, but I know he was right and I still need to get back to work.

"Steph, everything is here." He tells me and looks to the car trunk on the moment I am already downstairs.

I look at the trunk and I hope we don't forget anything. It will be a long ride, but it's been a long time since I haven't gone on a small road trip and it seems like just the perfect option this hour.

"You look gorgeous," he whispers in my ear and I let escape a small giggle.

I feel my cheeks burning up when he kisses my lips.

"I love you," he tells me and on this moment, I can swear I also do love him. I love Caleb too. I really do and right now, we are together and I want to make this work.

Mom walks out the door and I can feel her gaze burning in our backs. I turn to face her and with that, she takes some steps closer.

"I am so proud of you," She tells me, looking straight in the eye. I look deep into her brown eyes and remember how much I've always wished she would say that from the bottom of her heart, truthfully.

I wanted her to feel proud of me for the person I thought I could become if I could impress her somehow.

"Thanks, mom," I tell her and hug her. Mother has never been the kind of person to show much affection, but mom is mom and I'll always love her.

"I love you, and I know I don't say it this often to you, but I really do." She lets out a small smile and lets me go.

I offer her a sugar-dusted smile in return and walk into the house to say bye to dad. As soon as he sees me, he hugs me and only lets me go several moments later. He tells me that he loves me more than life itself and that I should call him when I arrive. I tell him everything will turn out to be fine and hug him one more time. 

I go back outside and Caleb is already in the driver's seat. I take a glance at what surrounds me and let out a deep breath. I remember the times in where I was desperate to get out of here; the times in where I would only want to see this town if it was from my car's rear view mirror. I would drive away until all of my pain would be nothing but a bad dream. 

But things are different now. Now I see that it had never something to do with the town. It was the people that were in it, the bad moments I spent here. I was just so sick and tired of all the pain that I ended up letting my problems influence on the way I treated myself and others. 

I enter the car, look at my side and smile at Caleb. 

"Ready?" He asks me. I take one more deep breath and let my lungs fill in with clean and refreshing air. 

"Let's do this," I bite my lip in pure ecstasy. 

Caleb starts driving and I turn my head back to see mom and dad waving. I promise to myself that these kinds of things are the only ones who will make me turn back every once in a while. 

Caleb's convertible model is just perfect for this situation. I turn on the radio and a mix of songs from the 90's starts to play. I can feel the warm sunshine penetrating into my skin. I find myself lost in the pure green of the trees and in the light shade of crimson in the sky. 

We are leaving this city once more just like I left back here the girl who loved life but who hated living, the girl that was disappearing within herself. I just know that there is still time to be what I want, to do what I want. There is still time, I know it. 

I am on a planet spinning around a globe of fire that is situated in the middle of nowhere, and that nowhere is filled with millions of stars, galaxies, and orbits that circle around each other and hell, that is fascinating. We are all made of stardust and there are a series of galaxies exploding in every inch of our body and we are alive. 

I look up to the sky and I find myself completely aghast by all of the outstandingly gorgeous artistry that makes up the pink and purple sky we are driving under. The sky is beautiful and I want to be like it every day for the rest of my life. 

I look to my side and see Caleb singing along to the song on the radio. I don't know if we'll last, I really don't. What I know is that right now, in this moment, I need him; but life isn't a signed contract and we never know what will happen to us in some days, months or years. 

The windows are down and the wind is dancing in my hair and it feels good. 

It feels better than it has felt for a long, long time. 

-

HOLY CRAPPPP!!! THE EPILOGUE COMES OUT TOMORROW AND THEN I WILL EDIT ALL OF THIS BECAUSE THIS STORY HAS A SHITLOAD OF MISTAKES!! Looove you guys so much, 

Jas, xx. 

happy bday shawn! you're the love of my life but you don't know it yet and we are going to marry but you don't know it and you probably never will but that's cool

happy bday shawn! you're the love of my life but you don't know it yet and we are going to marry but you don't know it and you probably never will but that's cool. i can live with it.

not.

not 1000 times.