~19~

"Well, Sapphire, what did you figure out about your parents?" Phoenix asked.

She lifted her head, a little smile on her face. "I was right, they were my parents," she said.

They all were smiling, genuinely happy for their friend.

"Did you find out anything more inside the library?" Camden asked.

"Not much else other than more information about the original four," Tesla said.

"What should we do?" Sapphire asked.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I have a feeling that we should move out of the forest soon. Who knows when power hunters will be coming." Dawn said.

"Wait, what?! Power hunters?" Camden asked, eyes getting bigger within every minute.

"Oh...we haven't told you about that," Tesla whispered, "Well, not everything is this magical world we have in pleasant. There are these people that come and try to hunt us down. Although most of them don't get the people who possess these powers, there is still a chance. I've been told before that they usually come dressed like businessmen and women, trying to hide the fact that they are really there to find the people who are like us." Tesla explained.

Camden just stared in horror, as Sapphire looked amazed that those types of people would exist for the specialty of killing their kind.

"Don't worry though, because they are just mortal people, they can't really tell us apart from normal people, so we are practically hidden. If you are worried that someone is out to get you, just say 'I have to go find my sister, she's my ride.' Since the firstborns are the children that get the powers, they think that you cannot have powers. That's why the hunters haven't been very successful in the past century." Dawn said.

Camden and Sapphire just nodded their heads.

"When do you suppose we should leave?" Phoenix asked.

"Honestly, whenever possible. Who knows how long it'll take for them to hunt us down." Tesla answered.

~~

There was a team of hunters forming nearby.

This specific team had originally come from England. The leading organizers of the teams decided that they wanted to go to their neighbors across the sea to help them find some of the children with these so-called "gifted powers." It was known around the world that England had one of the best hunter teams, with high-tech gear, and years upon years of training to recognize what the children that have the powers looked like. They were sure that they would capture at least one of the children this year.

They had all taken a seat at the office conference table, waiting for the lead speaker to begin.

Suddenly, their thoughts were cut short when they heard the door open. They turned their heads and saw the lead speaker with a load of papers and a few files.

"Good morning, England Team #22, welcome to The Office. This is where we try to figure out where the children are hiding. You see, over the past decades, we've had exactly 2 children exterminated. That is a very poor number indeed, so we decided to bring you guys in, and hopefully, we can catch one before the end of the year. We brought you here today because we would like to figure out your plan for finding the children. What do you have in store?" the speaker said, going to sit down at the end of the table.

"Well, we were thinking of using this device right in front of us." a member of the team said, "It is a device that detects heat within a 50-mile radius."

The speaker gave them an unapproving look, "It is quite an invention, I must admit, but I have a feeling that the device would pick up false information. You said it detects heat, correct? Well, what is it detects a deer or a squirrel? Then, that is something you couldn't use unless you want false information." the speaker said.

The hunters looked a little ashamed of missing a key character for the device. "What's Plan B?" the speaker asked.

"T-That was our only plan, we're terribly sorry." the team dropped their heads.

~~

Tesla, Camden, Dawn, Sapphire, and Phoenix were thinking of a place that they should move to.

"Well, should we just go to a different forest?" Sapphire asked.

"They might go for the forests first - I was thinking we find an actual building," Tesla said.

"How are we supposed to just find a building?" Phoenix asked, crossing his arms.

"Well...we could just make a home.." Camden mumbled.

"What do you mean, Camden?" Dawn questioned.

"Well, we all have powers. It would be useful if we put them to some use." he shrugged.

They all sat for a moment, taking in what Camden proposed.

"You know, that would be pretty cool," Tesla said, smiling at Camden. Everyone agreed.

"So where should we start heading for our new home?" Sapphire asked.

"How about we just go in a direction and then we will just go from there." Dawn suggested.

As they walked out of the forest, they wondered about what they were going to do next. All of them were wondering about whether or not they were going to get caught by the hunters. Dawn turned and looked at the person ahead of her and tried to sneak in some of their thoughts,

"I can't believe they actually thought my plan was good! Maybe it seems like they like me after all." Camden's voice said, ringing inside her head.

She smiled a little bit, knowing how awkward he is. She looked at the person across from her.

"My parents were considered one of the greatest heroes of all time. Maybe I should try to follow in their footsteps. But then again, no one really knows that I was indeed their child." Sapphire's voice bounced off the walls in Dawn's head.

"Man, she's really excited that she found her parents." Dawn thought.

She walked a bit faster so she could be closer to the next person.

"Dang, I'm really tired." Phoenix's voice echoed.

"Of course you are, Phoenix," Dawn whispered, rolling her eyes.

And finally, she went towards Tesla, and to her surprise, she heard nothing.