Chapter 15:Thanks

Even though this is in letter format, this is more of a flashback, a strory, a memory piece.A little something to help you reminisce (even though this isn't very enjoyable nor pleasnt). But that's okay....here I go!

Dear Hanna,

Thanks.Thanks for being my light of sunshine when my world was gray.Thanks for being that hand when I needed something to hold.We've been through everything.

Remember the day before spring break?

You being the nice one, made a friendship bracelet for Michela. Michela being the evil one, ripped it up and buried it next to the picnic tables. And then there was me, the one who wasn't going to stand by and watch her best friends hard work go to waste, so I marched right over there and yelled at her and made her cry. Then I walked back to the big rock, where you sat, and we talked and joked and laughed like best friends should the day before spring break.

Remember the nickname fiasco? 

It was a beautiful nice day outside, when me and you decided that we should make nicknames for the people running around in the playground area along with the teachers and other staff members who also happened to be outside. So you and I started making nicknames when the 5th grade demon (Michela) intruded and messed up our fun. She made very insulting nicknames for people then told everybody it was you who started the insulting nicknames, and that's when everybody in the class yelled at you and made you cry. Spreading rumors on how your mean and insensitive. Then Sarah came up to you and told you everyone hated you, which made you cry harder.

Remember field day riot?

I don't even remember why we even started fighting to begin with. Well, the day before field day we got into a fight and I went to Michela, heaven only knows why, and you were left with good 'ol Wade. Michela and I planned to come dressed the same. Remember we had the matching purple hats? Anyways, on field day, in the back field you were on the verge of tears and Michela and I only made it worse when we came up to you, pulled our eyes, and said "YOUR A JAPENESE GIRL! YOUR A JAPENESE GIRL!" And this snapped the last straw in you, and you started to bawl. I immediately felt bad and apologized, and we spent the rest of feildd day together. I even took off my hat.

Remember that poem you made up?

Red red, poppy's head

Black black, beetles back

Yellow yellow, lemon jello

Green green, jelly bean

White white, stars at night

Blue blue, missing you

Then there was the poem you and I made when we were going to Golden Corral for your 11th birthday.

We'll be skipping all the way to Golden Corral (Golden Corral)-2x

We'll be drinking chocolate all day long, while singing our new creepy songs while eating all of the food at Golden Corral

*Flash back to 2nd grade*

ME: C'mon Hanna, lets draw our husbands!

Hanna:....ok

~5 minutes later~

ME: Hanna! I'm done! *Smiles proudly*

Hanna: Does he have a name?

ME: Of course! His name is...........um..............Macho Man!

Those weren't all, there are million more. And together, we'll always remember them. Cause no matter how hard you try, you can NEVER get rid of me. And even I go to John I or stay at PBMA, and you stay at Summit Christian, you will ALWAYS be my best friend. My peanut butter to my jelly, my moon to my stars, my rays to my sun, my Father to my son. My daughter to my mother. But most of all my Hanna to my Xamantha.

I LOVE YOU!<3!

            Forever & Always

~Xamantha Opal Watson Del Valle