Prologue

I felt a slight breeze brush its warm, slightly damp fingers onto my face as I stepped out of the locker room.The last gust of chlorinated wind I will feel for a while. The chlorine scent filled my nose, while the sound of splashing and coach yelling filled my ears.

"Straighten your legs and back! You have to have a better vertical for a smaller splash, we've been over this!" Coach yelled at my teammate, Marco. Marco nodded his head and said a quick "yes, sir" before pulling himself out of the pool and approaching the ladder to the dive board. It was the shortest one so he was probably just warming up.

"Coach?" I approached him timidly, bearing bad news.

"Eren! How's my wood diver?" He said happily. I gave him a slight smile and looked down at the wet concrete.

"Well, coach, I have bad news," I still looked at the floor as I spoke. "I'm moving away because of my mom's work and so I'm sorry to have to say that I'm quitting the team. My last day is tomorrow." I looked up to see a frown on his face, disappointment in his eyes. He sighed and slowly nodded his head.

"I see." He stated with finality in his voice. I started to walk away. "But, promise me one thing, Jaeger" I turned back around from leaving and looked at him with a questioning look on my face. "Don't stop diving, woody." I smiled and nodded while turning away and walking out of the pool.