hear

In Scott's head, Alex shaped a certain ideal for him about the X-Mansion, or, as it was known to the public, Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters. It was raised it high on a platform, structured by Alex's own praises and fond memories.

"You're going to love it," he told Scott on the drive there. "You'll learn how to stop being afraid of what your eyes can do. You'll feel at home, safe. It'll good for you, Scott. Every single one of those students is in the same boat as you. You'll fit in really well."

But standing in the foyer, being trampled over during the passing period, Scott didn't take to the X-Mansion in the way that Alex did.

"Why's that over his eyes?"

"Who brought him here?"

"Don't we have enough students?"

"I really hope this one knows what his mutation is..."

One voice, above all the whispers, caught his ear.

"You're pretty good at Lost and Found, aren't you, Stranger?"

A single sentence settled in his inner debate: he was staying at the X-Mansion.

Scott's lifts curved. "You!"

"Me," she agreed. "How are you?"

"Better, now that I'm here," he smiled.

"How did you find out about this place? I never told you the name."

"That would be me," interrupted his brother. "Hi. Alex."

"Nice to meet you," she said politely.

Alex chuckled, laying a rough grip on Scott's shoulders. He squinted at his brother, irritated that no previous mention of knowing a girl had been brought into any conversation.

"Is it time to see the Professor?" asked Scott quickly. He wanted to speak with his brother alone. Important questions posed.

"He can wait. I have to ask, how do you two know each other?" asked Alex.

"Your friend ran into me on the street," she said.

"Brother," corrected Alex and Scott together.

"Wow. The mutant gene is strong in the family, I see."

Scott chuckled awkwardly. "So, Alex, the Professor--"

"What did you say your name was?" asked Alex curiously.

"I didn't," she told them. She patted Scott's cheek lightly. "See you, boys."

Scott paused for a couple seconds, then whispered, "Is she in class yet?"

"Uh... Wait... Wait. Yes," said Alex. He punched Scott's shoulder. "What the hell, man? How could you not tell me you're talking to girls now?"

"I know, I know. But, please, Alex, you're not only my Wingman, you're my eyes right now. Is she--"

Alex rolled his eyes. "Yes, she's hot."