Escape

The clock struck 12 again, I gathered up my notes and began to head down to arkham asylum. I grabbed the door handle to see the joker sat upright as if he had been waiting.

"Hello, Harley" he said with a grin on his face.
"Hello Mr J, I'm here for a few more notes on your relationship with batman" I quickly grabbed my notebook and pen to start writing.
"Harley, Harley, Harley, you care so much about the bat and I, but we're two sides of the same coin, what I tell you, the bat will just mirror exactly what I say. But I think, I think it could've been different. I think the bat and me could've got on, he could've helped me, helped me instead of fighting me. Well it's too late now." He sighed and sat further back in his seat.
"Mr J, that's really quiet horrible isn't it? I don't see what's so amazing about the batman anyway. He's certainly not the hero we need."
"I'm glad you agree, I really hate being here, all the poking and prodding, you know all I want to do is to get back to my home, to relax and eat something a little less stomache churning. I'm not the villain people think I am, I just have to play my part. Just like batman does" the joker sighed.
I sighed. Poor joker. He proceded to ask me about my life, I told him everything before I got up the leave. I brushed my hair a little knocking out a hair pin. I left it and got to the door. There were two locks on it, one magnetic lock and on simple key lock, the magnetic lock was closed by swiping a card, the other was locked by key. I locked the second lock ignoring my card, I don't know why I did it, but I did.

I walked on home, gathered up my notes and proceeded to rest. The next morning I woke up the hear some breaking news.

"The joker has escaped Arkham asylum late last night, it may be true that he had help however police are more focused on getting him back under lock and key."

I smiled a little before marching down to work. As soon as I entered my office there was a note on my desk,
"For Harlequin, love J" and next to it was a flower. I smiled again however I quickly hid the note as Dr Serano stormed in.
"This is bad Dr Quinzel! Very bad! The joker has gone!"
I shuddered a little.
"Well? You know what, I want your notes in by Friday! We need something to show for all your sessions okay!"
She then stormed off, I had no clue what to write, there was so much information.
For the next 5 hours I wrote as much as I could however I kept sounding biased and it seemed all though I was siding with the joker in all my conclusions however I was interrupted before I could make work less about how great the joker is and more about how violent he was and how to cure him, I got a phone call.
"Quinn? Is that you? It's the *cough* it's Mr J, please I'm on the roof top of Wayne enterprises. Hurry" the line dropped. I sprinted over as fast I could, grabbing all my medical supplies.

As soon as I got there I froze, my joker was so badly hurt! I grabbed my medical kit to try and help but the authorities were already starting to arrive. I began crying as they took Joker away from me, I just prayed they'd still let me see him after this.